Search results

1. F

Hot Heak Sink on MBD-X10SDV-TLN4F-O when turned off

Been setting up a new server (MBD-X10SDV-TLN4F-O) and just noticed this morning that the heatsink (not the CPU heat sink but the one behind the VGA connector) was actually hot to touch even when I had turned off the power. I did not pull the power plug, just had shut it down. I can't find...
  2. F

MBD-X10SDV-TLN4F-O D-1540 Won't power up

I was too - having built computers for a bunch of years including a whole series of water-cooling units and the occasional server rack build at datacenters, this was a first. I've always gotten to at least see the CPU fans turn on. Yeah, I was doing the screwdriver test BUT on the wrong pins! -_-.
  3. F

Ok - issue resolved. BEPKAC issue- I had the power sw pin going the opposite way. Fixed that and it started.
  4. F

"The motherboard will support one DIMM module installed. However, for best memory performance, install DIMM modules in pairs. "
  5. F

Its a SOC chip so I can't reseat the CPU Thanks - I'll see if i can contact support
  6. F

Hi - I just received the MBD-X10SDV-TLN4F-O today and set it up in a mini-ITX case. After hooking everything up - when I power it up, the only LED light I see is the LEDM1 light blinking. I don't see any other LEDs lighting up on the motherboard. Here are the components: - Corsair 250D Mini-Itx...
  7. F

High pitched sound from CPU under load

The sound would drive me crazy but then again, if theses are 'tucked' away in a corner, then I guess its fine. But at the very least, you found the issue.
  8. F

High pitched sound from CPU under load

Would it be worth your while to put it back to the original case to see if it makes a difference? That way you'll know if something changed on the mobo itself between the changes.
  9. F

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

as Jerry Chen pointed out before: " the onboard 1Gb NIC is SR-IOV capable." but not for 10GB
  10. F

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

I'm in the same boat - just haven't bought it just yet. - According to Anandtech's previous review: "Speaking of networking, the SoC will have bandwidth for two 10GbE connections direct, which will work both in 1G and 2.5G modes. These are optimized for virtualization, allowing 128 Tx and Rx...
  11. F

BYO CSE-505-203B w/ Xeon D thread

Ah ok - that makes clearer. Thanks to your coverage on the Xeon Ds these past few months, I've been itching to get a SYS-5018D-FN4T for a home lab for ESXi. 6.x. Just trying to figure out if I should pull the trigger and not worry about prices coming down - then again, server prices for the Xeon...
  12. F

BYO CSE-505-203B w/ Xeon D thread

So Patrick, after the trip to Taiwan, are you going to go with ASRock with the next build? So much for SOC since ASRock has a version that allows you to swap out the CPU (according to your briefing)