Search results

1. M

HP DL380 G7 x2 - what to do?

Hi, I got two HP DL380 G7 with 2 x X5675 @ 3,07 GHZ (6 Core + HT = 24 Threads), 8 x 900GB SAS HDDs and 128 GB RAM each. Is there an easy way to reduce my power footprint? Resell the RAM-Sticks and buy another server - reusing the disks? Those servers require 170 Watt each - for 24/7 it's way...
  2. M

2/3 Node extension for HA Home-Server

Hi guys, I am building a new House and for all of the automation- /media stuff I want (and "need") a suitable HA-solution. Means: At the end of the day there should be a high available virtualization solution (oVirt / ProxMox under testing atm). I already have a quite OK selfbuilt server...
  3. M

Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance available - What to test?

Hello guys, got a ZFS Storage Appliance from Oracle here combined with an Exadata (Quarter-Rack). They are connected with 40 Gbit/s Infiniband and I can test what you want :) Any ideas? Any hints how to test throughput? Won't expect too much as this appliance just have 24 spinners and RAM...
  4. M

Proxmox - Separate Network WITH IP-Adress for interconnect

Hello, I just started to build up my 3-node-Cluster and have one question regarding a "separate" Management-Network. I want to have a separate Mgmt-Network, a separate Network for cluster interconnect and several networks for the VMs. So as far as I know this could not be achieved in an easy...
  5. M

FreeBSD - ZFS - Mirrored Pool and two controllers

Hello, I am building my storage server and have a Supermicro-Board with an onboard LSI controller and a separate IBM HBA. Question: I want to use my Disks (6x3 + 4x2 TB) in a mirrored Pool so I will get 13 TB storage. Should each mirror be attached on one or on both controllers? What is the...
  6. M

Buy XEON E5-1650v3 now or wait for XEON D1541 --> Now: Xeon E5-1650v3 VS E5-2630 v3

Hi there, as I "just" resend my SM X10SDV-TLN4F because of the missing SR-IOV-Feature I am waiting for the money. I want to build a quite decent AIO-Server to supersede my old "Desktop-Server" (i7 2600k 32GB RAM and Desktop-Board). I want to go the Virtual NAS - Route with a HBA passed...