Search results

1. Naeblis

FS: 4 NVMe Drive cage, cables w/ or w/o 1 SuperMacro Card

I am selling a 2U Intel 8 x 2.5 Drive cage that has support for 4x 2.5 NVMe drives. You can get it with 1 SuperMicro Card (all i have) for $525 or w/o the card for $350. 4 cables to connect to the NVMe port on the other end are included. Examples of the cards that i have tested and work with...
  2. Naeblis

if you missed the NewEgg sale, 2nd chance at 400GB SAS SSDs $250/$200 BO

Intel SSDSS2DE400G3 2.5" 400GB SAS MLC Hitachi 0B26554 Solid State Drive New ill post back in a few what the best offer is Edit - They want $200 each for them.. Still an awesome price for those drives
  3. Naeblis

SOFS + (FDR x RDMA ) = HyperV for me - (10 edits and counting later)

Build’s Name: SOFS + (RDMA x FDR) = HyperV for me Operating System/ Storage Platform: Windows Server 2012 R2 x 2 CPU: 2 E5-2670 in each node Motherboard: R2224GZ4GC4 Chassis: R2224GZ4GC4 RAM: 64GB (8x8) in each node Drives: 14.4 TB of Dual Port SAS SSDs 6GB/s 35 x HGST HUSML4040ASS600...
  4. Naeblis

F2uSoe : Waiting sucks

1) san 1 (12 NVMe)= down for MB replacement (riser 1 was over heating, we messed up the firmware patching) + waiting for 3rd backplane for 12 hotswap 2) san 2 (36 dual port SAS SSD in SOFS) = no CPUS for the file server cluster + no Jbod case (looking into building own) 3) fabric Switch = i...
  5. Naeblis

FS: New 2.5" NVMe Cable (from intel 750) $45

I have this listed on ebay, would rather sell to forms member .
  6. Naeblis

F2uSoe: 88GB/s will have to wait. She just can take Anymore

In a reply to a previous post of mine @Rain alluded to the fact that at 88GB/s you can read data from the future. @tare55 pointed out that I would need 1.21 GigaWatts. Well as it turns out I will not be able to test either theory anytime soon. Much to the to dismay of the power companies...
  7. Naeblis

F2uSoe: Is the performance impacted by any of the 3 different ways of connecting NVMe drives.

After thinking that the SuperMicro AOC-SLG3-2E4 was the culprit to hitting the sequential wall, I benchmarked three different ways of connecting the NVMe drives to see if there were any performance differences. 1. super macro card 2. intel expansion cage w/ riser & card 3. PCI slot...
  8. Naeblis

F2uSoe: 12 Hot swap NVME Drives in a 2U, the Intel NVMe Cage works with SuperMicro Card.

After overcoming my disappointment of not getting 25GBs I decided to tinker around with the SuperMicro AOC-SLG3-2E4 card. I found a solution to the hard to find NVMe cables for those people who did not purchase a intel 750 What would happen if I connected the SuperMicro card using a standard...
  9. Naeblis

Hard Disk Sentinel 5 Computer Family Pack $37 - Found a coupon site that works

after being recommended by @Patrick , i tried to find a coupon code that works. and for the 1st time I did. in my case i needed to scroll down to the version i wanted, with much trepidation i clicked on the link, an it took me to their site and had the discounted price in it. Bonus points as...
  10. Naeblis

F2uSoe: She is Hungry for 20 GB/S -- 22.1 GBs Achieved!!

Working from home does have some disadvantages. Chiefly being that you must wait till the end of the day to get your packages delivered. Today that did not please the Mistress of the house. Ill post speeds in a few.
  11. Naeblis

F2uSoe: 9 disk NVMe results 19GB/S - IOPS --- 1.5mil (only)

CPUs were upgraded to 26733 and memory is now 8 x 32 LRDIMM Well 4 more drives showed up today so i am up to 9 NVMe Drives (1.2 x 7 + 400GB x 2) they are housed in the two Intel Cages + 1 PCIe. 1st thoughts, Crystal Disk Mark < Coronal Jessep voice> "You can't handle the Truth!" < /Coronal...
  12. Naeblis

F2uSoe - initial hurtle passed, 2 Intel NVMe Cages in 1 Server

@dba caught my attention in his DCDW. @Patrick showed me how to cram 4 2.5" NVMe drives into a Intel server. Now my goal is to turn 10 NVMe drives and 12 SSDs into a smoking fast SAN. With 1.2 TB NVMe drives and 2TB SSDs, it would have almost 18 TBs of storage. The 1st part of the plan is to...
  13. Naeblis

(Purchased) WTB: Looking for 40/10 switch (Gnodal or similar)

Curses to DBA and his DCDW, and Patrick for showing me the light of multiple NVMe drives. Just kidding you two, wish i would have found this site before i started buying equipment. Now it seems harder to get all this newly found I/O off the SAN to the hosts than it was to get it. 10g just...