Search results

1. S

[W][US-NC] 16-port SAS HBA 12Gb/s - internal connection

Yup no worries. The 9361-8i definitely will do that but its too small for ya. I'll look to see if I have anything else though later today.
  2. S

[W][US-NC] 16-port SAS HBA 12Gb/s - internal connection

I think I have an Areca ARC-1883ix-16-8G here and I think I have an LSI/Broadcom one as well but I would need to check which model that one is. UPDATE: Looks like it is a 9361-8i unfortunately I had. I do have that Areca though that's unused and available.
  3. S

FS: X10SDV-8C-TLN4F

They are getting older but there isn't a replacement at this performance to power and spec ratio honestly. For that reason I just bought two new systems from my distributor (drop shipped from Supermicro), one based on a X10SDV-2C-TP4F and the other X10SDV-7TP8F. So they do still have stock and...
  4. S

Supermicro AS-2124US-TNRP + Windows Server 2022 Datacenter BSOD when attempting to bitlocker encrypt

Keep in mind this may or may not work. For me that only worked for the Micron NVMe drives but did NOT work with the Intel/Solidigm drives I also had installed in the chassis. MS supposedly keeps pushing the official fix back so that workaround may or may not work but its literally the only...
  5. S

[WTB][US-NV] Looking for a 9480-8i8e *UPDATE no longer needed UPDATE*

I found a 9580-8i8e and was able to source the appropriate cables as well so as of right now I no longer need a 9480-8i8e any longer.
  6. S

[WTB][US-NV] Looking for a 9480-8i8e *UPDATE no longer needed UPDATE*

Anyone have one they are looking to get rid of? I could use one for a project and am happy buying it off you! I also have piles of hardware here if you wanted a trade instead (mostly Supermicro SC113M 1U chassis', some networking gear, SSD/HDD's right now)
  7. S

Supermicro AS-2124US-TNRP + Windows Server 2022 Datacenter BSOD when attempting to bitlocker encrypt

FYI as of right now July 2023 Server Cumulative Patch will include this fix. June 2023 will roll it out for client OS' from what I understand but it won't be until July that the server OS' will get patched. UPDATE: Supposedly its been pushed to August 2023 Cumulative Patch for Servers from July.
  8. S

Thanks! If it were the model with SFP+ vs 10GbE I may have been interested, I've got a bunch of these boards, but slightly different models for CPU and they are great. Thanks though!
  9. S

I'm curious as well, your link and description differ so could use some clarification to confirm which model they are.
  10. S

@nrgyz - FYI - don't expect it to be fixed anytime soon. MS just confirmed to me that the issue has existed since May 2022 and they have no timeline on a fix. The workaround they provide does let the OS drive get encrypted (and any others that are detected as 4K) but you are unable to encrypt...
  11. S

I have a support ticket open with Supermicro but so far they claim they haven't been able to reproduce it. I'm glad to see someone else is seeing this though and its not just me as thats a promising sign that there is actually something wrong.
  12. S

A clean install of Server 2022 made no difference though I confirmed Server 2019 works perfectly fine so there is something going on with Server 2022 and the hardware / drivers. Attempting to reach out to Supermicro support now otherwise I guess I'll be deploying the system with Server 2019...
  13. S

Anyone seen a BSOD triggered only when you try to bitlocker encrypt a drive? It is a brand new Server 2022 Datacenter install on a brand new server (hardware tests fine). When I attempt to encrypt the C drive (or any other fixed drive), it BSOD's on fvevol.sys but seems to refuse to write a...
  14. S

If you use NFS, don't upgrade to FreeBSD 13.0-RELEASE

Good to know. I don't use ZFS at all, its all hardware raid and UFS.
  15. S

Hmm good to know. I can try rebuilding as 12.4 first before I completely ditch FreeBSD. I expected it was destroyed like 13.x was.
  16. S

Yea, mines all hardware based (no ZFS) but we use all FreeBSD with remaining file servers left on 12.1 that I am forcing to stay there for the time being. Unfortunately I think ditching FreeBSD is the direction I am going to have to look as well. What distro did you move to? I haven't touched...
  17. S

@BackupProphet were you able to get things stable with 13.1-RELEASE? I so far have been unable to get 13.0 or 13.1 stable for NFS use. I have a single ESX host connecting to an nfs export and any heavy activity (creating a vm, moving one, deleting, etc) causes the FreeBSD server to ultimately...
  18. S

Best SOHO POE powered Switch

I use active POE splitters from POE Texas for 5v and 12v stuff all the time. I have powered small switches, IR illuminators, tons of random equipment and such running on them for years now.
  19. S

[WTB] Meraki MS220-8P / MS120-8P

Glad you were able to find a second one at least!
  20. S

[WTB] Meraki MS220-8P / MS120-8P

I have one each... MS220-8P, MX33 and MX64 laying around. No licensing on them anymore but they are in mint condition in original boxes as I used them for lab testing only.