Search results

1. M

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

If you've tried all the tricks in this thread I'd send them back.
  2. M

Ya got me - my use of -e was simply because someone recommended it and I copy/pasted it. I appreciate you educating me on this when I should have done the same. Update - the command sg_format --format --size=4096 -v -e /dev/sda appears to have done the trick. smartctl data smartctl 7.3...
  3. M

just a bunch of entries complaining that it can't connect to my gmail, but nothing regarding that drive
  4. M

I ran the first command twice before, which completed successfully. Prior to this post, I have already executed sg_format --format --size=4096 -v -e /dev/sda It came back with Format unit command launched without error Format unit has started Format unit continuing, request sense or test...
  5. M

Has anyone come across WD Oracle branded hard drives with model WUH721414AL5200? I've used sg utils to remove the protection but I can't seem to have multiple systems with different controllers see the entire 14TB. It's always 13.7TB and shrinks to 12.5TB once formatted. A normal 14TB drive...
  6. M

RTX a4000 $1499 USD, Lenovo.com

could be that... I've seen some used ones that are roughly that price on ebay. Could/Would Lenovo load anything on the card that would impact its performance?
  7. M

I'm still curious... why Lenovo has them in stock and no one else? Are people hesitant to buy this card from them for a reason?
  8. M

You're right. Not sure what I was thinking...
  9. M

I was thinking what happens after that window. But that 30 days could be the same for all internet sites... I'm used to brick and mortar 1 year warranties.
  10. M

Their return policy seems to be pretty strict in my opinion... 30 day window? Especially for defective products?
  11. M

I wondered about this site and its credibility
  12. M

Yup, I did see that. But if I want to use something tdarr, having b frame support will come in handy.
  13. M

That site is a bit tricky for me to follow... But when I looked at GeForce and Quadro cards from this link, The A4000 was one of the first to have support for everything. I'm sure it's overkill for my current needs, but I've got my eyes on it.
  14. M

Even if I want b frame support???
  15. M

wanting b frame support limits the list of cards that have that capability (based on this matrix). P2200 doesn't support it.
  16. M

My decision was purely based on the NVIDIA matrix, and which GPU had "yes" checked across everything (including B frames). The RTX a4000 did that for both encoding and decoding (and it's a newer GPU). I know I can potentially modify a GeForce card, but that's not for me. I just want to slap in a...
  17. M

The reason for my interested in the a4000 is future proofing my Plex server. When I review Nvidia's Matrix, it checks all the boxes for encoding and decoding, as well as unrestricted number of sessions. But it looks like the 3090 could potentially do the same, so I may keep an eye out for it if...
  18. M

Thanks - this would be going into a Dell... and I've been looking at their site but like everyone else (aside from Lenovo), they're sold out.
  19. M

what i'm really curious is, do vendors like Lenovo and Dell do anything to the gpu that would impact it in any way?