Search results

1. A

Cannot expand Raid 5 array with new HDD (Adaptec 6805)

I haven't figured this one out meanwhile, FYI...
  2. A

Thank you for your advice! I tried using IE instead and unfortunately, this does not solve the problem, I still cannot add an 8th drive to my RAID5 array.
  3. A

Thank you for your answer! It is indeed imperative to first initialize the New HDD but it was already done. I just noticed something new: i can expand my 7-hdd RAID5 array into a 8-hdd RAID5EE array with the new drive (it's not greyed out). But I still cannot expand the same RAID5 7-HDD array...
  4. A

Hi! I own an Adaptec 6805 controller that I'm using with 6 WD Red 4 TB HDD on a single RAID5 logical drive. The controller works within a PC running Windows 10 Pro (64 bits). I recently purchased 2 new HDDs: 2 WD Red Plus (4 TB), not EXACTLY the same ref (EZRX v. EFRX for the old ones) but...
  5. A

Looking for a replacement of LSI 9266-8i

I'm no expert but I think it is the RAID controller that controls exclusively this... The striping is not an issue since they only contain files that are typically not accessed to most of the times (movies, series, etc.). I would still benefit from being capable of having the drives powered...
  6. A

Looking for a replacement of LSI 9266-8i

Hello! I'm building a HTPC (Windows 7 64 Ultimate, Streacom F12C enclosure, ASRock Extreme4 motherboard) and part of my plan was to have an integrated RAID array in it (1st interaction with RAID) Reading positive things about LSI, I chose the 9266-8i with CacheVault Protection, and 5 WD Red 4TB...