Search results

1. S

FS: 3ware 9750-16i4e 16 Port Raid Controller Cards

Hello, I have two of these cards from server backups.These are same as LSI 9280-16i4e. $200 each via paypal including postage (from Australia).
  2. S

Supermicro A1SAI-2750F no video out, how to get IPMI address?

I have 2 A1SAI-2750F's and they both do not display anything on power up. The fans spin and the IPMI led is flashing green so I assume IPMI is working. However since I cannot get to BIOS display I don't know how to connect. I have cleared CMOS so everything should be back to default. Does anyone...
  3. S

SAS drives appearing as 0Gb and cannot be formatted

Hi I need some help here, I bought 10 IBM system X 600Gb SAS drives and all of them appear as 0Gb on my LSI 2008 card (running IT mode). When I try to format them in the LSI bios it comes back as format failed. They seem to be spinning and get hot so mechanically they seem ok. I am at a lost as...
  4. S

SAS drives not recognized? Are they just encrypted?

Sorry I'm stupid, but how do you create partitions on and use a sas ST330006CLAR3000 drive on a M1015? I booted up gparted and the drive isn't there! It's there when I lsscsi though. Is it possible it's encrypted?
  5. S

Got given an IBM SAS raid card with 1.8Gb write cache, what can I do with it?

I am given this raid card by a friend a while ago, apparently it is some amazing tech with huge cache. It's an IBM 3-port raid card, exactly this one: IBM 00E5902 SAS 6GB 3-PORT PCIE2 1.8G I can see it's very expensive so I'd like to put it to use instead sitting in my drawer. But I have no...
  6. S

Help with IBM x3650 M2

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I have an IBM x3650 M2 server whose RAID card died. I took it out and noticed that on the motherboard there is a mini sas connector. The manual says that this is in fact a SATA connection. So I connected it to the backplane and put in a sata...