Search results

1. G

8TB Ruler format SSD - P4500- listed at $900

Thought I would post this one, even tho I am not sure if it is a great deal or not. Note that these are ruler drives, not m.2 or 2.5” PCIe. In other words, you’ll need the appropriate adapter...
  2. G

X10DRL-CT won't recognize a second e5-2683v3

I have tried on two different boards- the supermicro x10drl-CT and Separate T7810 workstation (dual chip c612, I believe) I have two e5-2683v3 chips- both non-ES (306f2, i believe- regardless, they are showing the same... Sorry, am typing from memory/at the Airport) the only even remotely odd...
  3. G

Badly swollen UPS batteries... bad UPS or could it be one event?

If this is the wrong forum to ask in, I apologize in advance... seemed like the most applicable. This is a UPS that gets pretty light duty-- really it's been more in a role of surge suppressor, and to my knowledge has never been drained to 0 repeatedly or anything like that. Is a SmartUPS 1500...
  4. G

Amazon warehouse deals pricing error? Buffalo terastation 5410 incl 16tb

If it were any seller other than Amazon, I would call this TGTBT-- but at $400.59, if it includes even 4x4TB NAS drives, then it's probably a decent deal. Of course, the reviews are brutal... but the price looks like someone left off a "1" at the front of it. Use this link, then click "buy...
  5. G

X540-T2 (RJ45) bypass adapters- genuine- ebay priced at 150 (BO lower)

Not sure if thus is an awesome deal or not, but *I* was happy to run across these! Roughly 400 qty available across two listings. The best part-- coming from OEMXS, we know 100% that they're genuine. (I got burned on an amazon fake (non-bypass), so I'm glad to have a source I can trust.) Come...
  6. G

Exar dx1845/1845B Compression Adapter Drivers??

This is not exactly an HBA, but this forum seemed to be the most logical place to post my question. I picked up an Exar DX 1845B compression adapter to play with, and then went looking for any sort of drivers... With no luck, other than a few software references that led to equally dead-end...
  7. G

Another Connectx-3 (IBM branded) Deal - $87.70

Only have a second but wanted to share this: $87.70 shipped Lenovo 00W0053 MLNX ConnectX-3 EN 2PT SFP+ 10GbE Adapter Server ZZ | eBay Brand new- box was opened, but card was still sticker-sealed, and no evidence of wear on the connectors. Just ordered a second one before posting. First one...
  8. G

E7-8893v2 ES - use them or paperweights?

Some time ago, I picked up some DDR3 ram from a local "recycler", who essentially threw in two unknown (to me) ES cpus to sweeten the deal. (In other words, I'm not admitting to "purchasing" and I have effectively no skin in the game where it comes to cost.) The main purchases (ram) worked...
  9. G

Lenovo SA120 rear SATA drives

link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4XF0F28766-ThinkServer-2-5-SATA-SSD-Cage-with-SATA-Interposers/161880154174 Showing buyout (quantity available) for $75 (should be a pair of them/4 drives, per description. Of course, I bought a while back and paid retail, 'cause I couldn't find a cheaper...
  10. G

SM "super quiet" PSU's in an Intel case? Compatible?

I debated putting this in DIY, Mods, please feel free to move if you feel it is appropriate. I am at my wits end trying to quiet down a pair of 1600w Intel CRPS (I'm convinced there's a reason the chose this acronym!!) in my current project, an r2304LT2 quad-processor machine. When I updated...
  11. G

Another "Too good to be true?" OEM e5-2670v3 @ $262

Pricing typo? Not sure- but sure looks odd. Be interesting to see what happens... Seller has multiple OEMs listed, all of which are higher. See pic below. Go figure. Wonder if they are a drop-shipper, or what- seems odd that they would have all of these brands listed... yet with ebay a-to-z...