Search results

1. J

Is anyone on ScaleIO 2.0 yet?

My 8 node cluster (DR site) went up to 2.0 three weeks ago. The original configuration had some issues with LIA so I ended up having to rebuild that portion. Otherwise, the install went smoothly with no downtime. Anyone else digging the new ease of use changes in the GUI (volume resize, etc) ? I...
  2. J

ScaleIO Hyperconverged Cluster Build

Haha! Yup typo. Fixed it. Performance has been excellent thus far. From real world spinup and testing of dev machines, pretty much on par with our production side. (the Nimble has been a super solid performer for us so no hate there.) Since this is DR/DEV, if there's any specific benchmarks...
  3. J

From my understanding of scaleio, two copies of data are stored in the system. So in your example, you would lose the equivalent of one of your three nodes to data redundancy. Think of it as something like a distributed RAID10 with similar benefits. As you add more nodes, you do become a bit...
  4. J

Gotta rep Unix Surplus. They rock! Since this system was built outside of the support bubble of EMC, I can share whatever. Lemme know what you'd like to see :) Performance thus far has been directly related to spindle/drive count and has scaled in a linear fashion. . As we obtain more...
  5. J

ScaleIO Compute/Storage Cluster

6. J

It's posted!
  7. J

Sup crew! New DR/DEV setup is finally rolling so I thought I'd share some of the build process. This is the first time I've posted anything like this so if there's any more information you all would like to see, just let me know! Final Build: 4 Compute Nodes: Operating System/ Storage...
  8. J

Word. One of the motivations for going with ScaleIO is that it is open licensing. You can pay for support at your option (per TB).
  9. J

Sure thing!
  10. J

I used CentOS 7 for my storage nodes and ESXi 6 (update 1) for my compute nodes. I did a little non-standard config with the SVM setup.
  11. J

Ok cool!
  12. J

I'm in the process of completing an 8 node ScaleIO cluster (infiniband backend) for a company DR project. I'm considering doing a build thread. Would anyone be interested in seeing the setup process and benchmark data?
  13. J

Vsphere 6, EMC Scaleio, and Rockstor

I'm in the process of obtaining gear to run a similar type setup (over infiniband). Did you ever have a chance to get performance data?