Search results

1. S

Micron 7450 1.92TB $99

Looks like a decent deal for a relatively recent PCIe 4.0 drive. Just be aware that this is a 22110 m.2. Micron 7450 PRO 1.92 TB NVME SSD (MTFDKBG1T9TFR) 649528924698 | eBay Riley
  2. S

[US-OH][FS:] HP SL4540 gen8 - Two-Node - 120TB LFF

Something a bit different.. HP P/N: 663600-B22 I have a couple of these systems for sale.. Here's the info: HP ProLiant SL4540 Gen8 Server - Overview (hpe.com) QuickSpecs: HP ProLiant SL4540 Generation 8 (Gen8) Server (hpe.com) StorageReview: HP’s ProLiant SL4500 Gen8 Features Modular Big...
  3. S

HPE D3XXX JBOD Thread

So I've been running a couple of these for a few weeks and they've been *great* - except they are a bit loud. I've been researching ways of bringing down the noise and the (18) Fun with an MD1200/MD1220 & SC200/SC220 | ServeTheHome Forums thread has inspired me to look for ways *other* than...
  4. S

HP 3Par StoreServ 20000 12-Bay LFF 12Gbps Enclosure - $195

HP E7Y23A 3PAR STORESERV 20000 12GB LFF - E7Y21A | eBay E7Y23A HP 3Par 3PAR 20000 12Gb SAS 12-disk 2U LFF Enclosure E7Y21A | eBay I picked-up one of these and they're basically D3600 enclosures, which usually go for over $1k. There *are* a couple differences though. 1) They seem to be...
  5. S

Arista PSU Fan Swap

Anyone had luck in swapping out the stock fans in the 500w model PSU? I picked up a 7050sx and have been trying to quiet it down. With the fan override at 30% the switch itself is quite nice but the PSU fans are a good bit louder and to top it off it’s not a good loud. They’re whiny. The stock...
  6. S

Two blown backplanes...

So I picked up a Supermicro four node fat twin. I brought up one of the nodes just fine with no issues. However, I went to insert a second node and as soon as it made contact it powered up and I smelled the unmistakable smell of burnt electronics. I pulled out the node and investigated...
  7. S

Nutanix CE

Anyone have experience with lots of storage on Nutanix CE? I manage and admin our Nutanix cluster for work and I want to also run it in my home lab. I see the CE has an 18TB storage limit, however they give an example of 3 x 6TB disks. Is this per-node? It doesn’t make sense for 3x6TB disks per...
  8. S

NVDIMM Question

I have some Micron DDR4 NVDIMMs, PowerGEMs, and cables. I’m trying to get them working on a Supermicro X11SPL. Everything seems to be working except for the actual saving process. When power is removed it looks like there is no power provided to the DIMMs. I bought the cables from DigiKey...
  9. S

Heads-Up: Supermicro Unique IPMI Passwords

So, I ran into this tonight with a new X11SPL. Apparently in November 2019 Supermicro started programming in unique passwords for IPMI access. It's no longer ADMIN/ADMIN. The username is still ADMIN, but the password is printed on a sticker on the board. BMC Unique Password Security Feature...
  10. S

Supermicro File Index

Hi All, I'm posting this here with the hope that it will help someone find something they need (old BIOS, firmware, etc.). I know that Supermicro support is quite good and they often provide you with the files you request, but it's sometimes nice to be able to *just get* something at 2AM when...
  11. S

Supermicro BPN-SAS3-826EL1 - $99

Look like a few left still. Supermicro BPN-SAS3-826EL1 2U SAS3 12Gbps Single Expander Backplane | eBay
  12. S

Xeon W - X299 Board - ASUS C422 WS Fan Information

Has anyone had success with running a Xeon W on an X299 board? Based on some discussion in the ES Xeon thread it's just a bit that needs flipped in the BIOS? The reason I ask is because I picked up a cheap (relatively) Xeon W from Ebay and cheap (not relatively) ASUS C422 WS board from Amazon...
  13. S

Delta Fan Part Numbers

Hi all, Does anyone have a reference or know how to decode the suffix for Delta fan part numbers? I'm trying to replace a fan in a switch and even though the major part number is the exact same, the fans behave differently. The part number guide on Delta's website shows how to decode the main...
  14. S

Canada FS: Sonicwall SonicPoints (Quantity!)

Hi All, I have 38 SonicWall SonicPoint Ni WAPs for sale. All are in good working condition. Part number is APL21-083. These would be great to fill in those dead-spots! $75 (now $50!!!) each and I'll entertain offers for multiple units! Also, I have a number (~12) SonicWall PoE injectors. I'll...
  15. S

HP ProCurve Lifetime Warranty

Looks like that for products purchased after December, 2014 they changed it to "as long as the original end-user owns the product". So, it's no longer transferable. That sucks.. :( http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c04499781 This document says Dec, 2015...
  16. S

HBA with cache and BBU?

Does anyone know if such a product exists? I think such a product would be good to find because I believe it would compliment ZFS. Here is why: 1) ZFS likes to work with disks directly 2) ZFS uses the ZIL to log writes to the pool 3) In the absence of a dedicated log device ZFS will use the...