Search results

1. N

FS: Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 DDR4 2400T and Intel Ethernet 10G 2P X550-T2

Hello. SOLD to geonap I have 2 sets of DDR4 2400T sticks for sale. Each set is 8x32 = 256gb for $400 + shipping I also have 4 Intel(R) Ethernet 10G 2P X550-t2 NIC for $200/each + shipping Thanks
  2. N

Intel Xeon Platinum 8370C

Does anyone have information on this CPU ( Intel Xeon Platinum 8370C )? It's a 270W part. Google doesn't have any info on it. It seems way less expensive than the 8370 counterparts.
  3. N

How to install Vmware viewagent w/o Connection server?

Hi guys, I don’t have a connection server, I use viewagent direct connection, and that works fine for VM guests hosted on ESXi. Now I am trying out proxmox and would like to keep using Vmware horizon client to connect to the VM (hosted by proxmox now). However, I can’t install horizon agent...
  4. N

How long is too long for you to not replace computer equipment due to reliability concerns?

Hello guys, I have an ESXi (6.0) host running on X9SRL-F for a long time now. There's no need to upgrade to anything faster than the current E5-1650v2 on it for at least another many year (let's say 5). This computer is in a production environment so reliability is important. There's...
  5. N

[WTB] Supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+

HI everyone, Cleaning my basement and realize that I have the CPU, ram, case and SSD to put together another X9 system. What I am missing is a MB (with the square heatsink). I'll need a 1.2 version to work with a v2 CPU. I like the large board to have more memory slots. I missed the eBay...
  6. N

[W] LGA2011 square active cooler

Hello everyone, I am moving one of my old E5-2600 2011v2 motherboard to a 3u case therefore my tower 4u coolers are no longer usable. If one of you has the old 2011 active coolers - the square type - laying around, please let me know. I need 2. Thanks
  7. N

Upgrade from a Xeon Gold 6138

Hello everyone I am looking for an upgrade from Xeon 6138 CPU. If possible, 2x performance would be great. The main use for the new computer is mostly finite element analysis work (Nastran etc). Please give me your recommendation. Thanks
  8. N

How to log all websites visited from people in the office?

Hi everyone, I have a need to log all website visited by employees in the office. I don't need to know who's viewing what website, just which websites are visited. I am looking at DNS log from pi-hole but it doesn't show everything. I don't want to install anything on people computer, I need...
  9. N

WTB: 5x 8tb NAS HD

Good morning, My NAS has 5x 4tb drives that are in the 50,000 hr range and I expect them to give me SMART error in the next year or so. I want to start looking for replacement drives around 8tb (the more the better but I like 8tb to be the minimum). Is there anyone in the US that have 5 low...
  10. N

WTB: Intel S3700 400gb

Good morning. I am looking for 2-4 Intel S3700 400gb drives. If you have a few that you don't use, please let me know. I am looking at around $55/per. Thanks
  11. N

Can I setup dramdrive as datastore in ESXi?

As SDRAM has been much more reasonable, I want to use dramdrive for datastore in ESXI 5.5 to store test VM. Basically I want to be able to clone a test OS to dramdrive datastore, run some test program on it then wipe it. Is there a way to do that in ESXi? I prefer to do this directly from...
  12. N

3.5" to 2.5" adapter $3

Here are the 3.5 -> 2.5 adapters. They work with my supermicro 486 case. 9W8C4 Y004G 3.5" to 2.5" Adapter for Dell F238F R730 R720 SAS/SATA Tray Caddy 711765390779 | eBay
  13. N

WTB $40 worth of bitcoin

hi guys, I am looking to buy a tiny amount of bitcoin. Is there anyone here can help me out? I've been buying and selling some computer hardware here before. thanks
  14. N

Is there a single CPU config that is better than a dual E5-2690v2

Hi guys. As the topic said, I am looking for a single CPU configuration that is a decent upgrade for a dual E5-2690v2 setup in both single and multi thread tasks. What's your recommendation? Thanks
  15. N

WTB: Intel NUC [BOUGHT]

I am looking for a NUC to play around with. I don't have anything specific in mind but I prefer an i5 setup. Let me know if you have anything forsale in the US. Thanks
  16. N

HPE ProLiant ML10 Gen9 E3-1225 v5 $50

Must be a price mistake. HPE ProLiant ML10 Gen9 E3-1225 v5 4GB-R 1TB Non-hot Plug 4LFF SATA 300W Svr / S- | eBay
  17. N

Mixing SAS and SATA drives on the same array under software RAID?

Hi guys, The conventional wisdom stated that you shouldn't mix SATA and SAS drive on the same array with hardware RAID. With software raid, this should not be an issue (FreeNAS or linux mdadm). However people still advocate against it. Anyone here fix the 2 drives on the same software...
  18. N

Grid k2 for $350

Grid K2 for $350. Nvidia Grid K2 8GB GPU | eBay
  19. N

FS S37xx 400gb SSD

Hi Guys, I have 2 S3700 for sale. $215 each shipped from out side of Philadelphia. I believe they have 95% life left at least (If I remember correctly it's 98% or 99%). Thanks
  20. N

FS HP 5130 Series JG932A switch 24G and 4SFP+

Guys, I have a HP 5130 series JG932A switch still in original pink anti static bag (sealed) FS. $470 shipping included from King of Prussia (out side of Philadelphia) area. Thanks.