Search results

1. L

UK HP OfficeConnect 1920 24G Switch (JG924A)

Boxed, all original items included. Used for a few months in our office, surplus to requirements. Full specs here: https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/default.aspx?cc=nz&lc=en&oid=6783404 Price: £60 SOLD
  2. L

UK [FS] 2x SAS Toshiba 3TB drives (for cost of postage)

Hi, these have gone, thanks all for the interest.
  3. L

UK [FS] 2x SAS Toshiba 3TB drives (for cost of postage)

I have 2x Toshiba MG03SCA300 3TB SAS drives for cost of postage/paypal fees £6.99, postage anywhere in the UK within that amount. These are SAS drives, not SATA so please ensure compatibility first. Both working and DBAN-ing as we speak.
  4. L

EU [UK] FS: Supermicro SC836 SuperQuiet Server / X9SCL+-F / 32GB DDR3 ECC [SOLD]

Looking to get rid of this soon as. This is pretty much a perfect FreeNAS file server and has been serving as such reliably in my homelab. Consists of a SC836 case from circa 2008 or so which had everything overhauled a few years back with 4 PIN PWM SuperQuiet fans (FAN-0104L4), a SuperQuiet...
  5. L

EU [UK] FS: Supermicro SC836 SuperQuiet Server / X9SCL+-F / 32GB DDR3 ECC (SOLD)

Spec updated (first post) and images added. Now 21TB instead of 30TB of SAS drives. No more 32GB DOM. Throwing in Supermicro SSD trays, brand new spare fans etc. Looking to clear quick so looking for any sensible offers (especially if collecting) will be happy to accept. Can ship UK wide too...
  6. L

vSphere backup - Veeam vs Nakivo

Been using Nakivo for coming on 3 years now on vSphere 6, 6.5+. Simple vSphere cluster with two ESXi hosts, two FreeNAS datastores, vSphere server. Nakivo for us has been about £250 per annum with email support which is excellent on the few occasions we’ve had to use it. The product is light...
  7. L

Bug in Intel Atom C2000 series processors?

I contacted Supermicro two weeks ago. Replacement's actually out for delivery today.
  8. L

My board was from 2014, Supermicro Netherlands swapped it no issue whatsoever. I find it best to deal with Supermicro directly, not the reseller.
  9. L

EU [UK] FS: Supermicro SC836 SuperQuiet Server / X9SCL+-F / 32GB DDR3 ECC (SOLD)

Apologies for the delay, the weight of the server fully boxed and including 10x drives comes to 45kg. Shipping to France is £208 which makes it uneconomical unfortunately.
  10. L

FAN-0104L4 which come with the SC743 SQ edition. I replaced the existing fans in the chassis fan holders so they're completely hot-swap.
  11. L

Had two boards fail within two months of each other. One an A1SRi-2758F (8 core) lasted almost 6 years, the other an A1SRi-2558F (4 core) lasted just shy 3 years. Interestingly enough the 8 core arrived with a cooling fan in the server. The 4 core had no cooling fan. When we queried this the...
  12. L

@Saoclyph system has only 9 drives now, we borrowed one to stick in another server. I can always drop a SATA drive in instead so it’ll have 9x SAS and 1x SATA. I’ll look up shipping to France tonight. Can you PM me your address or something nearby so I can get an accurate quote before letting...
  13. L

@Saoclyph it's still for sale - thanks for the offer, but too low for shipping to France.
  14. L

SSD fast in ESXi and Windows slow in Linux

Upgrading parts of my homelab and doing some storage tests using sysbench: sysbench --test=fileio --file-total-size=64G prepare sysbench --test=fileio --file-total-size=64G --file-test-mode=rndrw --max-time=300 --max-requests=0 run sysbench --test=fileio --file-total-size=64G cleanup I'm...