Search results

1. J

NVMe M.2 SSDs in U.2 enclosure

Will NVMe M.2 form factor SSDs placed in an U.2 2.5" enclosure perform similar to their U.2 counter parts? And can they be used with the Supermicro's NVMe server lineup? Any enclosure recommendations?
  2. J

High latency with TP-Link TD-W8901N

I have a TP-Link TD-W8901N ADSL router. Pinging the private IP of the router from a PC (connected via Ethernet) with large packets (65500) gives a latency of 26ms. Is this normal for home routers? I expected less than half of that on a directly connected link. Following is the command I'm using...
  3. J

Any experience with ATTO ExpressSAS H608?

I would like to know if the ATTO ExpressSAS H608 HBA card passes TRIM commands to the SATA SSDs connected to it. I asked ATTO directly and this is the reply I got The problem is that TRIM is a SATA option while the ATTO SAS HBAs expose devices as SCSI targets. Therefore, TRIM isn't even an...
  4. J

LSI 9271-8i vs 9361-8i RAID 6

I'm comparing these two cards for setting up a RAID 6 array consisting of 6 SATA SSDs. Would the 9361have better write performance because of its more powerful processor or would both offer similar performance?
  5. J

LSI Fastpath and cache memory

I was looking at Fastpath's benchmarks from the LSI product brief and the following were the Virtual drive settings for the tests: Write policy: Write Through I/O policy: Direct IO Read policy: No Read Ahead Disk Cache: Enabled Looking at the MegaRAID user guide it seems these settings pass...