Search results

1. O

Is there a Synology Hybrid RAID/SHR-type storage solution for Windows?

I currently have Drive Bender with 43TB of pooled capacity: 4x 8TB 2x 4TB 1x 3TB Drive Bender has been great, been using it for maybe about a decade now with little to no problems. However, the developer has closed shop and so, I'm essentially running my system on borrowed time. I'll be stuck...
  2. O

Recommend a Wireless+BT Mouse

So it appears that my hands aren't compatible with rubber grips or rubber coatings on many of the mice available today. It's actually slim pickings for a work mouse without any sort of rubber on it so I thought I'd crowdsource for one. Use case is non-gaming. I need it for work and general...
  3. O

Rubber grip around mouse swelling and bunching up

What would typically cause this? Happened to a Logitech M585 and now also to two Rapoo M500 mice. Logitech: I had to totally remove the wrap from the Logitech and painted the underlying white plastic with black spray paint to hide the rough surface. It's only slightly better now but at least...
  4. O

HP ProDesk 400 G3 and Quad-gigabit NICs

I am trying to setup a PC-based firewall and I have ran into some sort of a wall (pun intended). I'm repurposing an old desktop, an HP ProDesk 400 G3 SFF (6th Gen Intel CPU) and adding a quad-port gigabit NIC. I have two quad-port NICs and both of them seems to be, one way or another, not...
  5. O

How do I classify pictures and images stored on my homeserver?

I must have collected thousands upon thousands of pictures on my server. I started off putting them in folders named upon dates they were taken. But later I got lazy and just started dumping pictures under a catch-all folder. Is there a software that runs on Windows that can help me classify...
  6. O

Windows Server 2019 Storage Spaces

Hi all. I've been a lurker for some time now and just decided to post for the first time. I plan to rebuild my current home server which hosts Plex and some other services. Currently, I have a bunch of drives pooled together using Drive Bender with very minimal fault tolerance (just folder...