Search results

1. nephri

Downgrade 40Gb/s connectivity to 10Gb/s without changing network card and fiber cable.

Hi, I would done a temporary transition from 40Gb/s to 10Gb/s for one link on my home network. It's because, i have plan to change 2 switches in my home lab but not in the same time (for budget cost distribution). For a while, i will not have anymore 40 Gb/s connectivity. I have 4 links to 40...
  2. nephri

QSFP28 100G to differents speeds like 40Gb

Hi, i just saw this link Run QSFP28 100G Port in 40Gbps, 4x 10GbE, and 4x 25GbE Modes | FS Community I knew you could achive 4x25Gb or 4x10Gb but i was sure we can't use QSFP+ tranceiver for having 40Gb but te FS thread seems to say we can... If i read it correctly, we can do : - Use a QSFP28...
  3. nephri

Basement Relay Switches

Hi, I want to install small switches in my basement at differents locations Ideally i want small switches that must be quiet and offer multi-gig connectivity (at least 2.5Gbps RJ45) I will buy 3 switchs (can be a mix) For now i studies theses switches: Unifi USW-Flex-XG 4x RJ45 10Gbps 1x...
  4. nephri

EU FS 16 Bays JBOD Kit (France) (local pickup)

Hi, I have 2 differents JBOD Kits 60 bay x1 : Chassis HGST 4U 60 Bay SAS3 GEN 1 x2 : Cables QSFP to Mini-SAS HD x1 : HBA LSI 9300-8e 12gbit/s (for the host) Ask for 940€ SOLD 16 bay x1 : Chassis SuperMicro SC836TQ (with all caddies) x1 : Supermicro CSE-PTJBOD-CB1 (installed on the...
  5. nephri

Palo Alto Networks firewall, licence feedbacks for ebay "used" models

Hi, i saw some security appliances from Palo Alto Networks : PALO ALTO NETWORKS PA-5050 Firewall Security 180412010535 | eBay Whatever the model, what is your feedback regarding the licence when bought used on ebay ? Can we used it without upgrading the licence ? what is the restriction in...
  6. nephri

Which "external" box for accomodate a a2u8x25s3phs

I would like to find the simplest, smallest and external box that can host an INTEL a2u8x25s3phs kit This box would have: It's own Power supply To handle the kit + disks + fans Fans for cooling the disks Ideally, located behind the 5.25'' bays a way to start without any motherboard Or...
  7. nephri

EU E5-2643 V3 (6cores/12threads, 3.4 ~ 3.7 Ghz) : 99€

If you need a CPU with pretty good base clock speed the E5-2643 V3 is pretty good 6 cores / 12 threads 3.4 Ghz base clock speed 3.7 Ghz turbo speed 20 Mb cache 135W TDP Only one left but it's i think a pretty good deal for EU market : Intel Xeon E5-2643 v3 6x3,40GHz 20MB Cache CPU HEXA CORE...
  8. nephri

CPU Thermal pad or not ?

I will change my CPUs on a server that use SuperMicro Heatsinks When they are new, a thermal pad is fixed on the heatsink. Now, i will have to apply a paste or pad and would know your feedbacks about pads like GELID Solutions | GP-EXTREME Is it good enough for Xeon 135W or not ? i can go to...
  9. nephri

EU FS 2x CPU Intel Xeon E5-2667 V3 ***ES***

Hi, I have 2x Intel Xeon E5-2667 V3 ES chips to sell I would prefer to sell here since theses are Engineering Samples Specifications are: 8 cores 2.9Ghz 35 Mb cache I bought them in mid-2017 from Patrick and they works fine in a SuperMicro X10 motherboards. But i had to stick with the bios...
  10. nephri

EU FS : Supermicro JBOD Kit (150 €)

Hi, I have a bunch of items i want to sell as a JBOD Kit : For the JBOD chassis: 1x Supermicro CSE-PTJBOD-CB1 1x SAS External Adapter (full height) using 2x SFF-8088 to 2x SFF-8087 4x Standoffs M5-0.8 to 6-32 needed for place the PTJBOD (hard to find in EU when i built it) 2x 4-Pin 12V CPU...
  11. nephri

X10DRH-CT Bios password reset

I bought a SuperMicro X10DRH-CT and all works fine. But it come with password in Bios and IPMI. I was able to reset the IPMI password using ipmitool For the Bios password, i tried to clear the CMOS by using the JBT1 shortcut with a screwdriver but with no luck... Have you a best way to do a...
  12. nephri

S-SATA vertical connectors to Intel SCU chip

My Supermicro motherboard has 6x SATA 3.0 using the standard connector. And have 4 mores using a S-SATA vertical connector regarding the manual. Do you know more about theses connectors, can have breakout cables to have standard SATA connector ? The manual say "SATA 3.0 vertical connector...
  13. nephri

Mixing Intel Kit A2U44X25NVMEDK with SM AOC-SLG3-4E4R on X10DRH-CT

Hi, I have an Intel Kit A2U44X25NVMEDK https://www.servethehome.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Intel-A2U44X25NVMEDK-hot-swap-cage-front.jpg https://www.servethehome.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Intel-A2U44X25NVMEDK-hot-swap-cage-rear.jpg That normally use a proprietary "hba" that seems to...
  14. nephri

EU FS : 2x Supermicro CSE-815TQ-600CB

Hi, I have 2 Supermicro CSE-815TQ-600CB as "new open box". One of them was used for a lab test (less than a week). SC815TQ-600CB | 1U | Chassis | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc. I have the original package for both of them. I bought them 280€/ea (dec 2015) but you are free to make me...
  15. nephri

What do you think about HGST SN260 series

We are looking up for the 1.6Tb model for a VM host server (cf datasheet : https://www.hgst.com/sites/default/files/resources/Ultrastar-SN200-Series-datasheet.pdf) They looks really good (pcie 8x, good iops,....) Previously we used for similar setup intel P3600 but now it's a bit difficult to...
  16. nephri

FreeNas script for a convenient way to report installed disks

Hi, I just wrote a script disklist.pl for getting informations about all installed disks inside my FreeNas box. This script is written in Perl and use under the hood theses commands: geom disk list gmultipath status zpool status glabel status sas2ircu list sas2ircu # display sas3ircu list...
  17. nephri

FreeNas : Unable to format a disk to 512 sector size

Hi, I have disks in an enclosure (HGST 4U60) and they are all formatted with 520 bytes per sector. I tried sg_format --format --size=512 /dev/da10 The command complete successfully (after hours) but after that when i did diskinfo -c /dev/da10 it always report da10 520...
  18. nephri

ZFS/FreeNas : Large pools design with a HGST 4U60 rack

I have a HGST 4U60 bay that i'm being fill it with 60 HGST 2Tb SAS 6Gb/s I would to have advice on ZFS topology for achieve: - 1 large pool for main storage - 1 large pool for backup of the main storage I thinking things like this: - Main pool - Stripping 15 "mirror" vdevs (30Tb...
  19. nephri

EU FS : Chassis SuperMicro C836 JBOD (16 trays)

I sell this home made build : - Chassis : CSE836 (came from a Compellent server) - Backplane : BPN-SAS2-836EL1 supporting SAS2 interface at 6Gb/s - 16 trays 3.5'' Hot swappable (come with caddies) - Motherboard CSE-PTJBOD-CB1 for handling PSU, fans, ... - 2 manual fans regulators. Only 2...
  20. nephri

Chelsio T580-CR-SO (40Gb/s QSFP+) 180$ OBO

I'm not sure if it's a great deal and if it may interrest a lot of people but from this auction : Chelsio T580-SO-CR 2-port 40GbE PCI 3 110-1175-50 " Same day ship ! " | eBay The seller accepted 180$ OBO /each for a quantity of 2 4 remainings. I'm currently using the same model inside a...