Search results

1. C

Question about QNAP QSW-m2116p-2t2s

Hi, Does anyone have experience with this (QSW-M2116P-2T2S | 90-watt 10GbE PoE++ and 30-watt 2.5GbE PoE+ Managed Switch for the Wi-Fi 6 Generation) switch ? I am looking to replace my Ruckus 7150 C12P as I need 2.5GbE for my desktop(s) and POE for my AP's. Cheers.
  2. C

Reset a Asrock Rack E3C236D2I

Hi, I got an sick E3C236D2I which I would like to recover if possible. Basically I am no longer able to enter the bios setup - I goes from "DXE--PCI Bus Enumeraton..." to OS boot, without me being able to press F2 or <DEL>. I've looked but I can't see if there is a way to reset the bios...
  3. C

IPMI Issue (ASRock E3C236D2I)

Hello, Anyone out there who still use this board and IPMI ? I just upgraded to MacOS Ventura (M2 Air), and discovered that there isn't much of a way to get to the Java Console (kvm) or at least I've not found a way. Anyone figured out how to get javaws to work - I tried OpenWebStart which...
  4. C

X10SDV - which NVMe ?

Hi, So I got my hands on a X10SDV-6C+-TLN4F (cheap), but have hit the same problem as many other have where it drops the m2 drive between boots / restarts. Have anyone found a current nvme or m.2. sata which is fully recognized? Thanks.
  5. C

10GbE x4 SFP+ network card

Hi, My ConnectX-3 started misbehaving (really strange kernel errors and crashes), which forces me to find another card - but would like one which is based on a intel chipset. Does anyone know of an X4 SFP+ 10GbE nic? It needs to fit into an A2SDi-4C-HLN4F, hence the 4x. Thanks.
  6. C

A2SDi-4C-HLN4F - boot problems after bios upgrade

Hi, (silly me) I upgraded the bios to BIOS_A2SDICH_20220509_1.7_STDsp.zip, after which I no longer can boot. It refuses to boot from my M2 and a USB thumb drive. I have tried to reset the bios to "defaults", no change. It will see the boot menu, but screen goes blank when it is supposed to...
  7. C

A2SDi-4C-HLN4F - HDs does not spin down

Hi, Last year I was forced to change the MB in one of my boxes to an A2SDi-4C-HLN4F, it was basically plug n' play. The box is only used to receive backups (time machine and a copy of my borgbackup from another server), which means that there is no reason for the harddrives to spin 24/7, and...
  8. C

EU Asus ASMB8-iKVM/A10PAD8 to donate

Hi, My Asus board died and was replaced by a Super Micro board, which mean that I have no use for this. I am not 100% that it works as the Asus board died due to a short circuit in the PSU. It has been updated to the lates FW to be able to cope with Java8. I'll ship for free within EU. First...
  9. C

New Switch Enterprise 8 POE from UBI

Have anyone noticed the Switch Enterprise 8 POE from UBI : Switch Enterprise 8 PoE 8x 2.5gbe ports and 2x10gbe ports (spf). This might fill the needs for many people.
  10. C

NVMe for E3C236D2I

Hi, To save a bit of money (reuse of cpu) I decided to to got for an E3C236D2I for my downscale nas box (fewer bigger drives). And now need to decide about the NVMe - the MB can only take an M.2. 2230 and that limits the selection a "bit". But I've seen that one can get converter...
  11. C

Alternative to JViewer - iKVM and Java8

I think there has been enough talk about the Java8 support - or lack of. Supermicro has been nice enough to implement the HTML5/iKVM in their latest firmware, unfortunately it looks like they are the only ones (I don't know about the vendors like HP, and such). But ASRock and ASUS are still...
  12. C

'Kernel memory leaking' Intel processor design flaw forces Linux, Windows redesign

FYI From The Register: 'Kernel memory leaking' Intel processor design flaw forces Linux, Windows redesign A fundamental design flaw in Intel's processor chips has forced a significant redesign of the Linux and Windows kernels to defang the chip-level security bug. ......
  13. C

Login with Ghostery

Hi, This might have been mentioned before, but I am not able to login (Using the Log in | ServeTheHome and ServeThe.Biz Forums link) when I have Ghostery enabled. Pausing Ghostery brings up the login pop-up. Which "cookie" should be allowed to be able to login? Thanks, Casper