Search results

1. C

My Customised SFF Home Server Build

I'm envious about the HD prices, here (Denmark) I have to pay close to 400€ for an 16TB WD Gold disk.
  2. C

HP EliteDesk 800 G3 Mini Additional Built-in NIC

They have relocated the A+E connector in Elitedesk 800 G4, anyone found an intel based card which fits in it ?
  3. C

The Latest N100&I3-N305 NAS BOARD

I would not call them NAS boards, they are more desktop MBs with 4 network interfaces. I'd like to see the Audio, DP and HDMI go, and then get IPMI, then it would be intersting. I know that the N series does not support ECC, but no matter what people say I do like to have ECC in my nas/server...
  4. C

ZFS vs. BTRFS: Safest Choice for Dummies?

I've been running a raid6 setup for +10 years and until now the only problem I've had is 2 dead drives (3 years apart). I have exclusively used it with ext4. To my recollection I have never said that there was anything wrong with ZFS, I just don't see that there is a reason for me to use it...
  5. C

Some people like to collect data, in my case I like to keep my photos which goes back +20 years. And my music (ripped CDs). That is a very good reason for having raid(6) and offsite backup. Raid is not backup, but it is a good thing if you loose a disk (or two).
  6. C

A possibly unpopular sugestion: mdadm + lvm2 - Synology is actually using mdadm for raid and put btrfs on top of it.
  7. C

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

Which exactly board is this one - I am also intersted in the console redirection ?
  8. C

Switchadvice POE+, 2.5G and at least 4xSFP+

The major difference between the QNAP and the Draytek is the POE budget, QNAP is 280w and Draytek is 400w - just from that perspective the Draytek is more interesting.
  9. C

Low Power 10 Gigabit NVMe server?

I do think Patrick did a review of that adapter with the HP Mini Server G10 (??), while it works one have to remember that it is a x4 card, to get full 10GbE you need x2 which leaves you x1 for each NVME - that might be enough for you, but it is a limitation.
  10. C

Weird problem with macvlan/ipvlan networks in docker

Normally when you use macvlan (or ipvlan) the host have no access to the container, you need to play around with 'ip' routing to get it working. Also inter container communication does not work. Like this: Give your host access to Docker containers with macvlan
  11. C

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

I still fail to see why I would need 4K output on a router, a serial port or iKVM would be more useful. Also as we mostly put these things in a rack, it would also be nice to have all the buttons and access ports on the same side as the network interfaces.
  12. C

Topton 'NAS' motherboard.

I would say that the case it self is very interesting.
  13. C

Switchadvice POE+, 2.5G and at least 4xSFP+

@Patrick how about a review, looks like an interesting switch?
  14. C

Are there any SFP+ adapters to connect 2.5 GBe RJ45?

So very true, I was having problems with them in my Ruckus ICX 7150 P12C, they were running too hot with my TS4 (2.5GbE), then I got a FS module instead - that promptly killed it self by over heating (got it replaced under warranty). I think for the price they work quite well, if you have a...
  15. C

Are there any SFP+ adapters to connect 2.5 GBe RJ45?

I got some HiFiber ones off Amazon which does 1, 2.5, 5 and 10 GbE.
  16. C

Question about QNAP QSW-m2116p-2t2s

It's POE+ on the 2.5GbE ports and POE++ on the two 10GbE ports. For me that is more than plenty.
  17. C

I was just wondering how the management is and if it is worth the price tag.
  18. C

Hi, Does anyone have experience with this (QSW-M2116P-2T2S | 90-watt 10GbE PoE++ and 30-watt 2.5GbE PoE+ Managed Switch for the Wi-Fi 6 Generation) switch ? I am looking to replace my Ruckus 7150 C12P as I need 2.5GbE for my desktop(s) and POE for my AP's. Cheers.
  19. C

Reset a Asrock Rack E3C236D2I

Just an update, I found (after re-reading the manual) an option to reset the CMOS which fixed the problem. Now I need to move the MB back to my server (which will take a bit). Thank you for the help.
  20. C

Reset a Asrock Rack E3C236D2I

BMC does respond and I have full access. Oh, I suddenly realize that ASRock might give access to update the BIOS via the BMC, which I fully forgot as I mostly use SM boards (where you need a license). But that is basically it, it jump directly from "DXE--PCI Bus Enumeraton..." to OS boot, there...