Search results

1. L

HP Blade ESXi Driver/firmware updates

Have you considered building a live PXE linux image with a automated fw update process? - booting the pxe-image can be triggered trough a simple script that controls the dhcp server - changing the boot order can be automated through ilo3/ilo4 (one time) - downtime would be around 10-15min
  2. L

EU HGST 4U SAS3 12GB/s Storage Enclosure 60 bays £299

Any ideea what the power usage is?
  3. L

Napp-It AIO - iSCSI not showing LU in ESXi 5.5U2

I have experienced similar issues with esxi6 and OmniOS recently where esxi would not see any luns but other initiators (Linux,Win) would have no problems (with custom defined host-group instead of the default "ALL") But in my case i was running omnios on baremetal not virtualised, so my...
  4. L

Napp-It AIO - iSCSI not showing LU in ESXi 5.5U2

I see that you have associated "esxi-server" host-group with LU View, try setting it to "ALL"
  5. L

modder man: I was referencing the earlier post from TuxDude which explained a typical(realistic) upgrade procedure. Since you didn't state how many blades you manage and didn't correct the 300 servers he mentioned I assumed it was at least in the same ballpark. With this new information in mind...
  6. L

Just curious, How does cisco gear help with firmware/esxi updates if you cannot take the blades off-line? You should describe a little more your upgrade procedure that took 18mo because the bottleneck isn't obvious, like `TuxDude` said one guy would have no problem doing these upgrade in under...