Search results

1. I

[WTS] 15.36TB Samsung PM1633a SAS SSDs

Thanks for the heads up, but I wouldn't consider that an apples to apples comparison. NVMe drives have been consistently pricing on the softer end of things and SAS still seems to be holding a bit stronger on an overall basis. If you look at it from that perspective, it's pretty easy to pick up...
  2. I

[WTS] 15.36TB Samsung PM1633a SAS SSDs

I have about 30 (approx 18 displayed) of these drives which have just been removed from production and were supposed to go into a few arrays, but it looks like plans may be changing, so these are going up for sale. Samsung PM1633a (Dell/EMC Branded) Dell/EMC latest firmware CQN3 (no 32k bug!)...
  3. I

ICX7150 for repair?

Exactly 2 years after the first failure, I have had a second PSU failure now. Seems to be extremely hit or miss, 2 out of 3 isn't a great statistic. Not a total PSU failure, we're getting POE shutdowns - Sep 10 14:26:22:C:System: U1-MSG: PoE Severe Error: PSU voltage is higher than max limit...
  4. I

ebay Samsung SM863 1.92TB MLC SATA SSD

STH Effect kills deals, too. "Hi there was an error in listing and we will have to issue you a refund. We can give you 10% off any item or your next order just send us which other item you are interested in and we can make it a best offer and give you 10% off the entire order. Thanks for...
  5. I

ebay Samsung SM863 1.92TB MLC SATA SSD

Well, that didn't last long.. at all.
  6. I

EXPIRED New Samsung PM983 7.68TB 2.5" U.2 <$490 (edit: All gone)

Wow - it seems that since I bought it (yes, it has been sitting for about _THAT_ long in between then including a few months of a long voyage at sea) and some a lot has changed. Thanks @Rand__ and @sparx for the research. That is literally a gold mine (considering how little there is out there...
  7. I

Yep, there was a point where we had a ton of dualported drives, no HBA, no dual cabinets. Now, two very small (100GB) dual-port drives, 1 dinky 9500-16e HBA, one dual cabinet. If there's any interest, I'll start a post on my findings - but it will probably be sometime this month as we are...
  8. I

As so expected. I am stuck mid-upgrade from a SAS2 head going to a few SAS3 shelves and I was reconsidering going to SAS3 for our main VM pool at all as it seems that we are always two or three cycles behind. However, we value stability over speed/bleeding-edge (and our limited tech budget...
  9. I

The unit I snagged was an OEM unit for Dell/EMC and based on scouring the 'net, it is a shelf off a Dell/EMC Powermax DAE. Model number is X2024-M, which appears to be a Celestica Nebula G2. There is very little information out there, I think there was one other guy who bought one and I think he...
  10. I

$425 for a lot of 8-10 directly. Time to test that Celestica NVMe DAS that has been sitting on the shelf, I guess. Unfortunately these are single ported drives, but it's not like the Broadcom 9500 NVMe HBAs are exactly cheap right now.
  11. I

AVOID - 4U, 2x Node, 4x E5 V3/V4, 56x LFF SAS3 3.5" bay - $299 - CISCO UCS C3260

I can imagine that this will sorta kill my DC power budget, but the thought is growing on me. I do like Cisco computing gear, except for the "fabric interconnect/nexus" bit, which we've managed to dodge all this years. I haven't had a need for much cold/warm storage right now, but this may...
  12. I

AVOID - 4U, 2x Node, 4x E5 V3/V4, 56x LFF SAS3 3.5" bay - $299 - CISCO UCS C3260

We still have a large number of M3s in production, and either use the hotlink to get to KVM, or a older portable version of Maxthon Browser that still supports flash (v4.95.1000 is what we use). We have a couple of M3s with Ironport/etc/purpose-built Cisco appliances which are just slightly...
  13. I

EliteDesk 705 G4 R5-2400GE 16GB RAM 256GB SSD $200

Thanks for buying it all, you guys saved me a good $200-225. I was about to pull the trigger at list due to the long list of offers being made, but thankfully I forgot about it for a while.:cool:
  14. I

UK HP 3PAR StoreServ 20000 Storage, Dual 12gb/s Dual-port I/o Module, Dual PSU - £59.99

It depends on your use case. Mine is reliability, so a DAS gives me the ability to have two separate head nodes connected to two separate controllers, hence providing true multipath. If anything along one of the paths fails, be it one of the ports on the SAS drives/DAS controllers/cables/head...
  15. I

UK HP 3PAR StoreServ 20000 Storage, Dual 12gb/s Dual-port I/o Module, Dual PSU - £59.99

I don't know yet. I'll update if anything materializes, don't want to get everybody excited over nothing concrete yet.
  16. I

No kidding. I'm up 2 DAS units (potentially 3) in the haphazard span of 14 hours or so. 2 SAS3, 1 JBOF NVMe (although I have my doubts on that Celestica....)
  17. I

Having.......... paid for a D3700 and potentially an Eternus not even 8 hours ago, again I wonder what I'm doing here. Anyhow, having considered the StoreServ 20000 prior to pulling the trigger on the D3700, 2.5" trays are not the same length as the regular 3PAR trays. The trays you want are...
  18. I

UK Fujitsu Eternus sas3 2.5" jbod 299£

I...... literally just paid for a HPE D3700. Why am I looking at this?
  19. I

HP 3Par StoreServ 20000 12-Bay LFF 12Gbps Enclosure - $195

Not meaning to necro this thread, but can anyone with a SFF storserv confirm if there are more cost-effective trays available? While the LFF seems to take more "commodity" trays, the SFF trays (P/N 5697-3141 / 5697-3149) appear to be an elongated design (much like the other 3par SFF shelves) but...
  20. I

Supermicro X11DPH compatibility with 3200AA Memory?

I'm running 3.4a BIOS. Was testing with Supermicro MEM-DR432LC-ER32 (HMA84GR7DJR4N-XN). It's on the QVL for quite a few X11 boards, like the X11DPT, DPU, DPG, etc. just not the X11DPH......wonder if that could truly be the issue at hand. Or, I have a bunch of duds.