Search results

1. C

EXPIRED WD DC HC520 12TB $75

I picked up a few of these, mine were packaged well. SMART data indicates most of the drives had POHs of around 14d, one had only 4d. They are cooking away on badblocks now without any issues. One drive seems to read a fair bit faster than the others, not really sure what to make of that...
  2. C

EXPIRED fanless Intel® i3 Kaby Lake mini PC for $74.83

I'm quite interested to see the underside of the board. The included quickstart guide references the 466xx, 566xx, and the 766xx models. Looking at Moderro's "datasheets", the only differences I note between the 4660 and the 5660 is memory and storage. The three 766xx models appear to sport...
  3. C

I apologize - the Windows bootloader was present on my replacement drive. I too am having trouble accessing the bios using the F2 key, even after setting the timeout to 3s and enabling both splash screens. Spamming F7 does seem to do the trick and F5 will bring up a boot menu. Didn't want to...
  4. C

Default hotkey for bios is F2, I think. Default timeout was set to 0s on mine. I removed the 32GB SATA M.2 straight away and put in another drive. System booted to the Windows troubleshooting menu with an unformatted drive and from there you can trigger a reboot to the bios also. Pretty...
  5. C

A new tracking number showed up for me indicating the parcel has been picked up.
  6. C

HGST He8 Ultrastar 8TB HUH728080AL5200 $82

I've been tempted to buy from Bitdeals several times in the past. Saw this deal early and almost pulled the trigger, but the 92% health seemed fishy to me. The failure rate reported in this thread (3/10 and another 2/2 failures) is surprising. I also don't think I'd be too thrilled with 37k...
  7. C

EXPIRED 12TB Elements on Amazon @ $175

I've been wondering about this myself recently - that is, if I could convert some SAS drives to SATA by just swapping the logic board. I haven't seen anyone post about doing such a modification however people do replace the PCBs, usually when trying to recover data. From what I've read, when...
  8. C

eBay: Brocade ICX7150-C12P (fanless 12x1GbE copper 2x10GbE SFP+) - $180 BO + $10 shipping

Dang I keep missing these! I would love to get one to couple with my Ruckus AP.
  9. C

Ruckus R500 for $50 or maybe an offer for 3x R500 for $40 each

I recently stumbled on a deal for a r610 and it works great with unleashed but it only came with the drop ceiling mount. I would also like to find a cheap bracket. Amazon had them for $25 last I checked.
  10. C

EU ebay: Supermicro X10SLE-F (Micro-Cloud node) usually under 10 Euro

I appreciate the offer but yes, I imagine shipping would be prohibitively expensive. The 1-10 Euro price has had my attention since the original post!
  11. C

EU ebay: Supermicro X10SLE-F (Micro-Cloud node) usually under 10 Euro

I'd love to get my hands on one or two of these. Are there any current US deals for these boards? I can see the original listing for 89 euros but doesn't ship stateside.
  12. C

Memorial Day Sales - P3605, 3TB, 4TB, S9300, etc.

Would you guys please chime in with the power on hours on these spinners when/if possible?
  13. C

Interesting ITX Socket G2 (laptop sandy) Dual Intel NIC, vPro: $55 shipped

Are you certain? Can you point me to any documentation that specifically states this? I ask because this old chip has plenty of CPU for my use case but if I could somehow manage newer hardware transcoding it would be perfect. Are you saying that the board would be too old because I remember...
  14. C

Resurrecting the thread because this seems to be the only place on the internet with a discussion covering the AIMB-272... Has anyone tested or know if this board supports PCIE bifurcation (with a supported CPU)? I currently have a HBA in the slot but would love to add a 1050ti in for...
  15. C

SanDisk HP DOPE1920S5xnNMRI 1.92TB SSD SAS 2.5" $250 or BO Free Shipping

I would have really liked to get in on this. Hopefully he will relist.
  16. C

Interesting you had good results with this cooler. I bought one of these quite some time back and while it was much quieter than the coolermaster model, I didn't notice an appreciable temperature decrease on my 2710QE.
  17. C

HGST 100GB SAS SSD HUSSL4010BSS600 at 40usd

Can you guys read SMART info from these drives? Using a h200 I am not seeing very much info on mine, is that because it's an OEM drive?
  18. C

[DEAD] WD reds 4/8TB $90/$200 via shucking - update, 8TB reds now $180, 4TB deal looks dead.

Wonder if it will drop to sub 150 next time. I may not be able to resist grabbing more if it does. While loading it up, it got quite warm in the supplied enclosure. Does anyone use these in a different external enclosure? I started looking around at 3.5" enclosures but I couldn't find the...
  19. C

It also fits in the Lian Li PC-Q26 without modification.
  20. C

[DEAD] WD reds 4/8TB $90/$200 via shucking - update, 8TB reds now $180, 4TB deal looks dead.

I think you may be on to something here. I wouldn't put it past WD to slap a 10TB drive inside. I wouldn't even discount the possibility that these are actually 10TB drives that passed spec. That begs the question - will someone be brave enough to attempt to crossflash one of these in the future?