Search results

1. Dravor

Experiences with NetApp DS4243

I'm curious if you have added more drives since and what power consumption you are seeing. Right now I have a r720xd, r710xd, and a r530 all of which are fully populated. Am using unraid and the r710 is running like 130w avg. So reading in another post that this 424x run around 250w idle it...
  2. Dravor

Dell R720 NVMe Sadness

I know this thread is mega old but, I'm in the same boat, and am running e5-2620v1 cpu's. You mentioned the PCIe Gen upgrading to Gen 3 with a switch to v2 cpu's. Is this documented anywhere else? This makes a lot of sense and I wish I had known.
  3. Dravor

Troubleshooting GPU passthrough ESXi 6.5

That's a good point, and actually surprisingly the other day I think it did shut down without issue. I'll do some more testing in that regard. Thanks!
  4. Dravor

Troubleshooting GPU passthrough ESXi 6.5

All, Am running a r720 with a Nvidia P2000. It's running perfectly,until sometimes I try and reboot the VM and it hands. Any attempt to reset the VM results in the crashing of ESXi. I ended up having to full reboot. It looks to me like the VM/ESXi cannot reset the video card? I saw that...
  5. Dravor

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

Does anyone have the MIB's for the switch? Was going to add them to my LibreNMS install to monitor temperature for the switch.
  6. Dravor

So got the fans today, and replaced the stock one. Definitely quieter but it's hard to tell how much because of my SuperMicro 1u =) Temps went from 40 degrees to 44, but I am using them in their stock position. Perhaps it's time to put the switch in the back of the rack and reverse the flow.
  7. Dravor

What make/model disks are you using on both ends? Using RAID at all?
  8. Dravor

Have you tried using iPerf? Setup iPerf on your client, and then run the test from the other host. That is how we are all checking for max throughput.
  9. Dravor

So I just ordered the fans that Cypher listed. Do we think we will see much of a different if we use the fans in the standard direction? On a separate note, I have a computer on my 2nd floor that I want to connect, and server room is in the basement. It's way too long for a Twinax cable. So...
  10. Dravor

Let me know how loud it is. It is supposed to be36-38dba vs the 50 something dba this switch is. Just not sure it is enough to warrant the difference in cost. It's got half the 10Gb ports, and costs alot more ($600) than what I paid for the used quanta ($170). I am lucky enough to have a...
  11. Dravor

Getting two more adapters tomorrow to move my unRaid servers over to 10Gb. So far windows server 2012 and my ESXi 6.5 servers are running without issue. Next question, what is the best model/deal to look for in regard to 2 port cards? Have a situation where I only have one slot. Thanks!
  12. Dravor

So I setup LACP and it appears to be working. Was curious though 1/1 shows N/A for LACP. Is that right? Admin Physical Physical Link Link LACP Actor Intf Type Mode Mode Status Status Trap Mode Timeout --------- ------ ---------...
  13. Dravor

One thing I noticed that was different: serviceport parms 192.168.1.20 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1 what I had to use was: serviceport ip 192.168.1.20 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1 thanks!
  14. Dravor

Awesome! Going to use the guide to set it up, if I have questions I may ping you. It's amazing how much this thing has come down in price in 18 months.
  15. Dravor

Got mine today on an offer of $170 on ebay =) Going to start with connecting my unRaid storage server to it via a Mellanox Card, and a Physical Windows machine. No issues trunking the 4 x 1Gbe ports to connect to my Cisco SG200-26, right? Thanks!
  16. Dravor

ConnectX-2 and ESXi 6.0

So I can see the NIC's in the ESXi host. Windows for some reason has 2 IPoIB Nics, and 2 IPoIB Virtual Nics. There is connectivity since the ESXi host shows one port has connected, and one as disconnected, just like they are cabled. I have 2 instances of OpenSM running on Windows, each tied...
  17. Dravor

ConnectX-2 and ESXi 6.0

Are these what you needed to remove? [root@ESXi1:/opt/mellanox/bin] esxcli software vib list | grep nmlx4 nmlx4-core 3.0.0.0-1vmw.600.0.0.2494585 VMware VMwareCertified 2015-04-18 nmlx4-en 3.0.0.0-1vmw.600.0.0.2494585 VMware...
  18. Dravor

ConnectX-2 and ESXi 6.0

*EDIT* ESXi 6.0 users this is what did it: esxcli software vib remove -f -n nmlx4-core -n nmlx4-en -n nmlx4-rdma Missed that in the first page post =)
  19. Dravor

ConnectX-2 and ESXi 6.0

What kind of speeds did you end up getting? I am looking at ordering cards and cabels today. Also which opensm are you running on windows? Thanks!!