Search results

1. W

PHP for server status

Netdata can also do similar to above. GitHub - netdata/netdata: Monitor your servers, containers, and applications, in high-resolution and in real-time! Core plugins for disk space like you mentioned monitoring among many other things. It's really finding what works for you Many ways to do what...
  2. W

Alibaba Cloud Registrar experience?

Saw them listed on TLD-List.com so interested to see any experiences. I found Porkbun cheap enough for .com/net/org that I haven't tried too many others. Also nice that tld-list does show promo codes since that seems to be a popular way to get new business. Sadly it's also worth considering...
  3. W

Monoprice 32in 4K IPS monitor 1 DP 1.2, 1 HDMI 2.0, 2 HDMI 1.4 $300 for a limited time . Reg $399 FS before tax

The newer Powertoys for Windows 10 has Fancy Zones which allows creating sections on larger monitors to help with resizing to fit your preference. That helps break my larger screen into sections (currently have a large section on the left for whatever is priority + 2 smaller zones for...
  4. W

Recommendation for Reliable and Cheap Domain Registrars?

Porkbun.com has worked nicely after I got tired of Namecheap's promo rate on new reg and potential higher cost on renewal.
  5. W

F5 Acquires NGINX

F5 Acquires NGINX to Bridge NetOps & DevOps, Providing Customers with Consistent Application Services Across Every Environment NGINX to Join F5: Proud to Finish One Chapter and Excited to Start the Next - NGINX Just had someone message me about it & figured people here might be interested too.
  6. W

Stay Away - Industrial SATADOMs 128GB $19 / 256GB ~$20 +shipping

Ya I googled DES8-128J30AC2SBF which was part # on 1 of the items. That came back as Innodisk SATADOM D150SV-L 128MB SLC 0C To +70C, Small Vertical SATA SSD, Toshiba from another store. Innodisk SATADOM D150SV-L 128MB SLC 0C to +70C, Small Vertical SATA SSD, Toshiba That would suggested...
  7. W

pfSense on Google Compute [anyone have experience???]

LetsEncrypt does allow DNS challenge for validation as well. This might be easier in your case since only adding a custom TXT record would be required. User Guide — Certbot 0.23.0.dev0 documentation was a good explanation on how dns can be used to for domain validation.
  8. W

Samsung PM853T SSD dead?

If I remember right, FreeNAS keeps you from doing destructive things like wiping drives via kernel flag. Assuming you can still load this drive in a freenas machine & be detected, you should be able to sysctl kern.geom.debugflags=0x10 which then would allow dd to the device and u could follow...
  9. W

Android Tablet and App for Basic Admin

JuiceSSH does ok for me and slight better now that I opted to embrace tmux. =) I think connectbot or a fork is still alive/well too as another ssh client option. Hardware wise my phone [nexus 6p] has been enough since mostly running scripts/monitoring progress vs longer interactive sessions...
  10. W

What's better for Ryzen now? CentOS or Ubuntu?

Didn't realize Ubuntu LTS had packages for newer kernels available Kernel/LTSEnablementStack - Ubuntu Wiki =) Learned something new. Thanks Patrick.
  11. W

Fed up with BRTFS Redhat to create new ZFS-like FS called Stratis

Seems RH acquired Permabit which focuses on storage/dedup from the limited PR I've seen. Red Hat Acquires Permabit Assets, Eases Barriers to Cloud Portability with Data Deduplication Technology
  12. W

PSA docker system prune

Didn't realize they added a command for this. There was some scripted ways to see what was unused and clean it up that way. Much easy this way tho.
  13. W

Amazon Prime failing a lot lately?

Noticed my orders aren't being passed off to USPS until the day before the 2 day delivery guarantee. It's true I'm within 2ish hrs of a major fulfillment center so it can work but should anything go wrong there isn't much time to fix it. They have been good when I've brought up delivers missing...
  14. W

Offline Friday PM

How far is the hotel from the airport? [Travel time estimate is fine.] Seems a bit extreme to leave at 7am for noon departure.
  15. W

What Keyboard are you using?

After years of a Logitech Illuminated Keyboard I finally joined the ranks of the mechanical keyboards. Corsair K70 with Cherry MX Browns [the version w/o the crazy RGB lighting]. Friend complained it was a bit too lough for his taste so he swapped o-rings but stock for me. As long as I can...
  16. W

Docker and Docker-Compose on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Seems pip can be used for docker-compose too. Interesting discussion for sure. Thanks @RTM Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  17. W

Docker and Docker-Compose on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

The short answer is by using the docker provided one and compose from GitHub you can ensure you have the latest stable build. I've noticed with docker-compose that some of the newer features are only implemented on high versions of docker-compose configs with the appropriate version of docker...
  18. W

Project Proposal: ELK Stack for Monitoring Proxmox, pfSense, FreeNAS

It appears GitHub - deviantony/docker-elk: The ELK stack powered by Docker and Compose. does similar using official images for elastic search logstash and kibana. I think we likely will want to do docker-compose slightly different to make it easier for uses to adapt to their lab. Perhaps include...
  19. W

Yup just saw it and forked it.
  20. W

The Guide section here would likely be a good fit once it's been completed & reviewed but until then. Git likely would be the best option to store docker-compose/docs. I guess it could be started as personal projects on GitHub or similar until STH adopts it as a community project.