Search results

1. BritGuy

LSI 9285-8e

Hey! Any chance you could make a copy of the SBR and Firmware?
  2. BritGuy

LSI 9285-8e

Hi Jack, I don't know what it is about the 9285-8e but it caused me all types of issues. I ended up getting a 9280-8e and its working flawlessly.
  3. BritGuy

Hi. I was wondering if you ever found a 9280-8e SBR file. I am also looking for one and can't...

Hi. I was wondering if you ever found a 9280-8e SBR file. I am also looking for one and can't find it anywhere. Thanks
  4. BritGuy

IBM M5025 to LSI 9280-8e

Hi all Just wondering if anyone has the SBR bin file for the LSI 9280-8e or has that card and can pull the SBR from it. Thanks
  5. BritGuy

HP P812 Array Setup Bios

Thanks for responding. I had taken a look at that already. Unfortunately im not using an HP server its in a homebuild with a Supermicro Mobo. Odd thing is. It showed the F8 until i updated it. Oh well. Can still access it from Windows software. So not total disaster
  6. BritGuy

HP P812 Array Setup Bios

Hi All. I picked up an HP P812 and it was working but i stupidly updated it to the latest version (6.64). Now it doesnt show the F8/F9 options on boot. I can access the card from the Config Utility in Windows but still want the boot F8 option available. Anyone have an idea on how to get it...
  7. BritGuy

LSI 9285-8e

Hi All. Got my hands on the 9285-8e. The problem is that it does not show a bios on boot (my 9260-8i does) and in windows it is not detected properly (PCI Device and driver doesnt work). Tried flashing to latest firmware but the util doesnt see the card. Only thing that does is MegaRec. So...
  8. BritGuy

Cheap SAS (Preferably LSI) with External ports

Thanks for the feedback. Hadnt seen the 9201-16e Maybe i should give a little more detail. I currently have a Norco 4220 that is running with a supermicro board and 2x 9260-8i (with 4 RAID 10 arrays that have been added over the years). I was given a Netapp sas shelf and already have the cable...
  9. BritGuy

Cheap SAS (Preferably LSI) with External ports

Hi All. Just looking for a cheap SAS Constroller that has external ports. I have been looking at the 9280-8e (Dell), 9285-8e (LSI) and 9750-8e (3ware). Any recommendations or comments about those three or another option perhaps? Thanks BritGuy
  10. BritGuy

Seagate Constellation ES.2 3TB Not Initializing

Interesting. Had not thought of that. I will give it a look. Thanks
  11. BritGuy

Dell H310 Flash to 9240-8i

Thanks for the responses. This 9240 is only going to be controlling a few lower sized drives the rest of my drives have a 9260-8i running them. Just wanted to see if i could flash the H310 to a 9240-8i (both FW and SBR). Anyone willing to send me a 9240sbr.bin file? Thanks
  12. BritGuy

Dell H310 Flash to 9240-8i

Hi Was wondering if this is possible/worthwhile. I can flash these cards (Dell H310) to a 9211-8i but im looking to do a RAID 10. Is the 9240-8i better for this? Is it even possible to flash the H310 to 9240-8i?? If so i have the 9240 firmware but i was looking for a 9240 SBR bin file. Can...
  13. BritGuy

Thanks. Tried most of this without luck. Think its just a bad drive. The drive is actually showing as 0TB to the controller (outside any OS) so im guessing bad :(
  14. BritGuy

Hi. Im fairly new here but have been lurking a while. Just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas about the following issue. I have a Seagate Constellation ES.2 3TB SAS drive (Dell Branded) and everything looks fine until i try to initialize it. SAS controller sees it, i can update/downgrade...