Search results

1. S

Aruba 2920 / Intel X540 NICs not working at 10GB speed?

I have an Aruba 2920 with the J9732A 10Gb expansion modules, and 3 PCs with the Intel x540 t1 10gb cards. For some reason I simply cannot get this setup to actually work at 10Gb speed. The connections all indicate they are negotiating at 10Gb, but iPerf caps out at 2.5Gb. Initially I used a...
  2. S

[Sold] ATTO PCIE HBA SAS controller cards

I have 2 ATTO SAS controller cards I am not using anymore. Can free ship these in small USPS flat rate boxes in the US. These are my best guesses for prices. These are PCIE 2.0 x8 (x1) ATTO H680: x8 external - $85 (x1) ATTO H644: x4 internal, x4 external - $85
  3. S

[USA] [WTB] Supermicro CSE-M35 5x3.5" Hot Swap SATA CSE-M35T-1B

I have a Rosewill RSV-L4500 and I've heard this Supermicro hot swap cage will work in it. I need 3 total. Does anyone have this, or have another cage that could fit this chassis?
  4. S

Repair / replace SATA connector - HGST Ultrastar DC HC510?

I was upgrading a drive in my array and I accidentally bent back a SATA connector on one of my HGSTs. Its still hanging on and surprisingly functional, but very loose. I had to tape the connector in place since the array is in the middle of a rebuild. I dodged a bullet, but only temporarily...
  5. S

Basic help / step by step to convert home network to L3 / vlan routing

I hope I'm phrasing the question right. I've got a configuration in place right now, and I want to reconfigure, but the terms and concepts are confusing me a bit. I only sort of understand the concept and I'm trying to learn this stuff and apply it to my setup. At the moment, my inter-VLAN...
  6. S

[WTB] 1U Atom / Xeon / i3 with x2 PCIE and 10G?

I'm not entirely sure of a make/model for this, so looking for some suggestions. I'd like to get my hands on a 1U system that has x2 PCIE (pcie 2.0 x 4). Is this even possible to do in a chassis, or does that need to bump up to 2U? Ideally, I'd like something low power like an Atom, but with...
  7. S

[closed] Unifi In Wall HD or FlexHD APs (x5-10)

I need to get my hands on 5-10 Unifi IW-HD APs, or FlexHD APs. I happen to have (x5) Wifi 6 Lites, so could be open to some kind of exchange deal if you need those. I don't need the POE injectors.
  8. S

Good price for HPE / Aruba 2920 stacking cable?

I'm looking for stacking modules and cables for a pair of HPE 2920 switches. Seems the cables (J9734A) on eBay are in the $85-100+ range. Is that normal for these cables? Is there an "off-brand" version that works just as well but cheaper, or is the HPE / Aruba branded cable the only one I...
  9. S

[Closed] Supermicro Atom C2758 1U (SC505-203)

I've bought a couple of these cool front-port supermicro 1U servers on here, and I'm looking for another. Ideally, I'd like the fully built rackmount server, but I could piece this together with the chassis and motherboard separately, if available. SYS-5018A-FTN4 A1SRi-2758F sc505-203B
  10. S

FS: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 graphics card

Used, great condition, pulled from a workstation of mine that got some upgrades. In my build, I had this running (x1) 4k TV + (x3) QHD monitors Geforce 6Gb GTX 1660 graphics card. x3 DP connectors x1 HDMI connector $200, shipping included to continental USA (USPS Priority Flat Rate)
  11. S

SOLD: 64GB DDR4 3600 (16GBx4)

I have an extra set of RAM sticks for a build that I don't need. I'm outside the return window and don't have original box. All sticks pass full MemTest. 64GB kit: 16GB x 4 G Skill F4-3600C16Q-64GTZNC $280, shipping included to the continental US (USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate)
  12. S

FS: ATTO ExpressSAS H644 8-channel SAS Controller

Pulled this SAS card from a workstation that ran Hackintosh / Windows 10. Perfect working condition. I even blew the dust off and made it pretty for you. $50, shipping included. Will ship CONUS, USPS.
  13. S

SOLD: i7-4790k / Z97X Mobo / 32GB DDR3 / 4U Chassis / 600W PSU

I'm selling off my workstation, as parts or the whole setup. Totally flexible. This is my own build, I used it for years as an all around workstation for photos, video, etc. At one point it was a Hackintosh, so that's still a possibility. What I can say is that it was incredibly stable and...
  14. S

Would this CPU / Mobo be of interest in the For Sale forum?

Wasn't sure how "home-labby" this is and if its something that would be of interest? I'm doing a system upgrade and will end up with this config left over. CPU: Intel i7 4790k MB: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH RAM: 32GB DDR3
  15. S

Atom C2758 on borrowed time?

I have a Supermicro C2758 running PFSense as my main router, on gigabit fiber with an OpenVPN server. It's been freaking amazing since I deployed it and I just assumed I could keep it going forever. I was totally out of the loop on all the discussions of the Atom C2000 AVR54 bug that renders...
  16. S

FS - WD RED 3TB (x10) - $55/ea

** Update - 7 have sold. I now have 3 left. I have x10 WD Red 3TB 3.5" drives that have been used in Unraid and/or Drobo NAS setups in a homelab environment. I have included all the SMART reports in this post with the serial numbers. Each drive will ship in a protective case (see image), so...
  17. S

WTB - Sonnet Allegro Pro USB3 Pcie card

Having a hard time tracking this one down at a decent price as it is discontinued. If any VM server builders out there are getting rid of one, let me know. It's a multi-controller USB card that works really well for VMs.
  18. S

FS - Chenbro 4U EATX chassis + extras

I'm in Northern Virginia and have a Craigslist ad going for this one. Thought I'd post it here in case there is anyone locally that might be interested. I have a Chenbro 4U server chassis that was used for a couple of project builds. The chassis will fit EATX motherboards (it previously had a...
  19. S

Clarification about PXE, VDI and thin client technologies?

I've been trying to research a concept but I'm unsure what its actually called and was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction, or give me a very basic rundown on how it works and what its called. I'm probably using the wrong terms to describe it here. Is there such a...
  20. S

WTB - 5 drive hot swap cages (Supermicro CSE-M35T?)

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a 5-drive hot swap cage that sits in a 3x5.25 bay. I've used icyDocks in the past and haven't had the best luck so I'm wondering if Supermicro cages are better quality. Does anyone have (3) of these kind of cages that hold 5 drives (3.5") and fit in a 3x5.25 bay...