Search results

1. I

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

What is the difference between the D-1540, D-1541, and D-1548? Let's ignore the 100 MHz the 1541 has, and the SR-IOV issues with the 1540. I've read the front page posts and see that 1541 is a storage accelerated part, and the 1548 is a network accelerated part, but I'm still fuzzy on what that...
  2. I

Yeah, sorry, worded my question poorly. There have been various Atom chipsets out for some time that were pretty low power, but performance headroom is just not there. I want the flexibility to run a few motion detection IP cameras or gigabit VPN (yay Chattanooga fiber!), which I don't think...
  3. I

Are there any other platforms that even approach the Xeon-D's performance/watt? I love the lower power aspect, as my server is always on, even if it's mostly idle. I get much longer UPS run times with the lower draw, and the whole thing is quieter. I just want more PCIe slots. I'd even give up...
  4. I

Didn't Newegg used to have a link for reporting inaccuracies in the product description?
  5. I

The specific models were discussed a little later, page 21: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/intel-xeon-d-1500-series-discussion.5036/page-21#post-56637 Source seems to be a couple of cpu-world posts: Preliminary Xeon D and Pentium D lineup Xeon D-1521 and D-1541 SoCs to launch...
  6. I

I'm apparently one of the rare ones that couldn't care less about SPF+ support. My plan is for a rack to live in the basement and run ethernet to the office upstairs, so I'm going to have a decently long run of copper. I like everything about the X10SDV-TLN4F (SM, pairs of both GbE and...
  7. I

Count me among those waiting for a non-miniITX version of a D-1500. That's an awful lot of PCIe lanes to waste with a single slot. Posting here to keep updated on this thread.