Search results

1. SDLeary

Qotom "routing appliance"

I was perusing Amazon, after becoming disappointed with the Prime Day stuff, and came across THIS. I mean it is a somewhat dated CPU at this point (still good for pfSense??), but quad SFP+ cages, and 5 2.5G ethernet ports, and an external slimSAS connector ( ). Does anyone in STH-landia have...
  2. SDLeary

R86S Series boxes

Hello, Has anyone tried any of the R86S series with pfSense? How well do they work with 10G connections for routing purposes? Special kudos if anyone has hands on with the -N version of this, that has the N305 chip. Thanks Much SDLeary
  3. SDLeary

ASROCK Rack ROMED8U-2T

Anyone out there have any experience with this board? Seems a better fit for virtualization than the D6U. SDLeary
  4. SDLeary

AsrockRack x570d4i-2T

Looks like Asrock is finally making this one official and visible (other than a placard). Anyone out there heard any peeps on when it might actually be available? This looks like it could be right up the ally for a small, relatively inexpensive home/lab server. Perhaps a review will be seen...
  5. SDLeary

New Xeon-Ds

Looks like Intel has or will release some new D-15xx models. All the new ones listed on ARK have an N appendage, and as far as I can tell all include QuickAssist and have higher prices. Anyone out there have any more info? Is this really the only change in 2 years? SDLeary
  6. SDLeary

Where oh where...

has Denverton gone, Where oh where can it be? SDLeary
  7. SDLeary

Marvell SE9172/9230 controllers

Looking to build a small home server, using either FreeBSD or FreeNAS. I'm on a budget, so I'm looking at the ASRockRack C2550D4I, with its copious SATA connections. I remember reading last year that the BSDs had issues with the Marvell controllers on this board, but now see that ASRock is...