Search results

1. W

Why Xeon d 1500 platforms so expensive

Don't know what the price for just the CPU is, but there are a few places with the Supermicro X10SDV-16C-TLN4F board listed for around $2200-$2300. One place I am watching is wiredzone at Supermicro X10SDV-16C-TLN4F Embedded Processor I have no idea when they will actually be in stock but I...
  2. W

Why Xeon d 1500 platforms so expensive

Actually information about the D-1587 was added to ARK last week along with several of the other newer Xeon D chips. You can find it at Intel® Xeon® Processor D-1587 (24M Cache, 1.70 GHz) Specifications
  3. W

SC846TQ (new) $337

Yes, pretty much all of the 846 series can take both SAS and SATA drives. SATA style connectors are capable of carrying either SAS signaling or SATA signaling depending on what type of drive is connected. You just need to make sure that you connect the cables from the backplane to an HBA or...
  4. W

SC846TQ (new) $337

I think MarkLuvcCS may have been asking about the SC846A which doesn't use a SAS expander and is almost identical to the 846TQ except it has 6 SAS connectors instead of 24 SATA style connectors. One advantage that both the 846A and 846TQ share is the fact that backplane doesn't limit the speed...
  5. W

Supermicro and UEFI BIOS?

You need UEFI installation media for whatever OS you want to install. If you are trying to install Windows, if your installation media is setup correctly it should boot and install in UEFI mode by default. Installation ISOs provided by Microsoft are typically configured to support both UEFI...
  6. W

SuperMicro & low-RPM fans

Another option (although a bit more expensive) is to use a fan controller that is capable of handling high-wattage fans, such as the Aquaero 6 which has 4 PWM channels that can handle up to 30W each. The version I put in my SC846 is at...
  7. W

Anyone have the Supermicro SC846 front bezel?

The MCP-210-84601-0B I ordered a while ago from Wiredzone didn't come with a filter. I believe it was shipped directly from Supermicro and it did contain the replacement front handles. Is there a separate part number for the filter?
  8. W

Supermicro 4u 24 bay chassis with SAS2 expander

You can get a pack of Supermicro screws fairly cheap that fit the drive trays perfectly. The part number I used is MCP-410-00005-0N and is available on Amazon for less than $7 at Amazon.com: Supermicro Screw Bag and Label for 24x Hot swap 3.5-Inch HDD Tray Cable (MCP-410-00005-0N): Computers &...