Search results

1. waith

NVME Storage in VMWare

Has anyone else run into the issue of multiple NVME drives of the same size, make, and model not showing up in VMWare? They all get assigned the same identifier so ESXI thinks they're all the same device. Are there ways to change the identifier so VMWare sees them as separate devices...
  2. waith

Recommendations to replace 3ware 9650SE-4LPML

Anyone mind floating some recommendations to replace my dying 3ware 9650SE? I only have a 4x PCI-E slot free in my Asrock Rack EP2C602-4L/D16 and I'm torn between buying a new card or using the on-board Intel SCU ports to build a fake-raid. I have 3 6TB drives in RAID 5 and I'm running...
  3. waith

PrimoCache Server

Anyone had luck improving the speed of network shares or iSCSI target with the server version of PrimoCache? I have a 3ware 9650se-4lpml RAID5 array with 3 6TB HGST drives that I'm trying to speed up so it can utilize more of my 10GB network.
  4. waith

Poor 10gb Performance - Mellanox X-2 + UBNT US‑16‑XG

I was wondering if anyone had experience tuning the Mellanox cards for 10gb performance. I seem to be having an issue where sending is very slow, but receiving is considerably better. I am using the 5.35.12978.0 drivers on Win10 Client and 2016 Server. Firmware has been updated to 2.9.1200...
  5. waith

WTB 2x E5-2670 v1 or better, w/ working VT-D

Currently have 2x E5-2670 v1 C0 stepping with broken VT-D. Looking to buy two V1 or V2 that are equal to or better performance. Need working VT-D, prefer to avoid ES chips.
  6. waith

WTB ECC Registered DDR3 1600 or 1866 - 16GB Sticks

Looking to remove the desktop memory and add server memory to my Dual E5-2670. Need 16GB sticks, maybe a lot of 4 or better? Let me know if you're selling.
  7. waith

Asrock EP2C602-4L/D16 RAM problem

I was wondering if I could tap the collective knowledge of you more experienced home lab builders. I recently bought an Asrock EP2C602-4L/D16 to use with two E5-2670v1 ES QB7A. I've been using this memory listed in the Amazon link (purchased from Best Buy) since I needed some in a pinch. The...