Search results

1. E

[Resolved] SAS9305-24i not detecting all disks

The company I got it from tested the first one that I RMA’ed and they forund a solutiion. The trick was to erase everything excl. Manufacturing area before flashing the firwmvare and BIOS onto the HBA. They did it in DOS, which I could not get working, as I was getting “ERROR: Failed to...
  2. E

Just put together my old Supermicro x9scm-f to test it in that one. In the BIOS disk are detected on port 1-4 but not 5-6. In Server 2019, no disks are detected on any port.
  3. E

No, the disks on port 5 and 6 are not shown in either Windows or when entering HBA configuration at boot (CTRL+C)
  4. E

Hi I have strange problem. My new 9305-24i only detects 16 out of 24 disks. Port 5 and 6 on the top edge of the card does not detect any disks at all. I have tried connecting it with different cables, to different backplanes and even relocating the HBA to my workstation and connecting it...
  5. E

EPYC 7351P mixed server/desktop duty

In general used server hardware is much more expensive in EU than US, especially in Denmark :(. The price difference is so small that buying latest gen with warranty is often a better choice than older gen without warranty.
  6. E

@Aluminum - H11SSL series was also what I was looking at for motherboard. The 7401P & MB would cost 1860$ in Denmark. 1920x & MB would cost 1250$ and give me the same amount of L3 cache for mining as the 1950x, so performance should be roughly the same and still leave me with 8 threads for...
  7. E

@Aluminum - The tests I have seen has the 1950x ideling at almost twice the power as the 1800x (95W vs 50W). In Denmark the prices are: 1800x & MB - 630$ 1900x & MB - 920$ 1950x & MB - 1400$ 7351P & MB - 1400$.
  8. E

@Patrick - Thanks for the info, I did not even consider the NUMA node problem for desktop use. Unfortunately the marked for used server equipment is small in Denmark, which means prices are high. A used dual E5 setup will cost me more than a new 7351P setup. @alex_stief - Thanks, that was...
  9. E

Hi I am looking into replacing my aging Xeon E3 server that runs Hyper-V Server with various VM's (pfSense, Plex etc.). At the same time I want to "eliminate" my i7 desktop and use the new server for both, running Windows Server 2016. I was originally looking into a Ryzen 1800X or Threadripper...
  10. E

A1SRM-2758F won't sleep

Thanks for the information. They should really change the specs on their site as it states support for various sleep states :(
  11. E

A1SRM-2758F won't sleep

Hi I am not able to get the Supermicro A1SRM-2758F to sleep. I have tried just about every combination of BIOS settings but have had no luck. I have tried it on several OS's just to make sure. This is the output of powercfg /A on a hyper-v server. Windows 10 gives the exact same result minus...
  12. E

Disks spin up hourly

I agree, and it must be related to running VM, because it does not occur if no VM are running. I just can't find anything i logs or Scheduled tasks that indicates what is triggering this. All I can find is that the storport initiates a performance summary, but I cannot figure out the trigger.
  13. E

Disks spin up hourly

Hi I have a Hyper-V Server 2016 running various VM's. I have some mechanical HHD's passthrough to one of the VM's. These are placed on a M1015 HBA and spin down fine, using regedit storport/EnableIdlePowerManagement. My problem is that excatly every hour the disks spin up and down again. This...
  14. E

Compatible SFP+ cable for Mikrotik CRS226-24G-2S+

Thanks for the tip RTM. I will look into that. I have one CRS226 that i bought used, and was thinking of getting a CSS326, if I can't find another CRS226 at a fair price.
  15. E

Thanks for your help pc_doom. Looks like I will have to order it at fs and hope that it won't get noticed at the Danish customs, otherwise the price will double :(, but still cheaper than anything I can get in Denmark :). One additional question. Will this cable be able to support 40GB (with...
  16. E

Hi I am very new to the 10GB networking and need some help getting the correct cable. My initial setup will be two Mikrotik CRS226-24G-2S+ switches connected with at 20 meter cable. Does this cable work for this setup? Avago AFBR-2CAR20Z 10G SFP+ Active Optical Cable | FS.COM It is just...
  17. E

HP SAS Expander Wiki

Hi David I run mine on one of the small mining GPU cards. Works perfectly without problems. No need to connect it to motherboard, as you correctly state, it only needs power.
  18. E

Hyper-V Server, hard drive spin down

Hi Has anybody been able to spin down hard drives under Hyper-V Server? I am not using storage spaces, but passthrough disks to the VM running flexraid. I have editet the LSI driver to include the sleep command, but i am not able to install it afterwards. I have created a new CAT file using...
  19. E

hard drive spin down using HBA?

Hi Robert Thanks for explaining. I missed that you were using 2012R2 and not Hyper-V Server.
  20. E

hard drive spin down using HBA?

Hi Robert Could you please explain or create a short guide on how you managed to get disks to spin down under Hyper-V. I have tried many things and nothing seems to work.