Search results

1. C

What are we doing for small server boot drives?

I like using the Intel 320 40gb SSDs if I need less than a 120gb.
  2. C

FS: Samsung EVO's & DDR3 non-ECC

Updated pricing and now free shipping to U.S. 48
  3. C

Here's the Samsung Magician screenshots showing the amount of data written on each SSD by serial number.
  4. C

Prices are flexible, make an offer.
  5. C

I have several Samsung EVO's and some RAM I'm looking to let go. Everything confirmed working. Prefer PayPal, Free shipping to U.S. 48 SSD's are used. I have Samsung Magician screenshots for each if interested 2x 850 EVO 250GB @ $85 each $75 each or $145 for both 2x 840 EVO 500GB @ $140 each...
  6. C

Toshiba MK2001GRZB for ZIL?

Nevermind, I think I'm going to sell the Evo's and use that money to purchase some S3700's. Looks like I can buy 4 of the 400GB S3700's with what the Evo's are going for on Ebay.
  7. C

I currently have 6x 500GB Samsung Evo SSDs in a pool of mirrors on my VMware "SAN", running NFS to the hosts. Would there be any benefit to adding these Toshibas as a ZIL to that pool?
  8. C

I can get a couple Toshiba MK2001GRZB drives for a good price. Would they make good ZIL drives when mirrored? They are 200GB, SLC, SAS drives, branded Dell. Thanks!
  9. C

C6100 'cluster' with ESXi?

Here's a link to the search results for user "s0lid" https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?search/15210584/
  10. C

Trying to Recover MDADM Array

I'm going to try a few things once its backed up to another server. Its currently copying, albet a bit slow. the software I'm using is not the fastest it seems but it beats reacquiring all that media.
  11. C

Ended up not able to mount the array. I installed Windows on another drive and started looking for recovery software. It is only media on this array but it represents a very large amount of time to re-rip/reacquire the media. I'm currently using UFS Explorer RAID Recovery and it was able to pick...
  12. C

This is the result of "cat /proc/mdstat" ---------------------------------- root@medianas:~# cat /proc/mdstat Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] md127 : active raid6 sdf[0] sdk[13] sdn[14] sdp[12] sdj[11] sdo[10] sde[9] sdd[8] sdc[7] sdm[6] sdb[5] sdl[4] sdi[3] sdh[2] sdg[1] 0 blocks...
  13. C

Now I get this when I try to mount the array; ---------------------------------- root@medianas:~# mount /dev/md127 /media/media mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/md127, missing codepage or helper program, or other error In some cases useful info is found in...
  14. C

Thank you for taking the time to assist me. I really appreciate it. Mount did not show the array as actually being mounted so I'm rebooting and seeing what happens
  15. C

I went ahead and ran "mdadm --detail /dev/md0" again and now the state is showing "State : active, Not Started". Does that change anything? I still can't mount the array. I get "mount: /dev/md0 is already mounted or /media busy" Honestly I'm at the end of my knowledge on this. I'd be willing...
  16. C

I have a RAID6 mdadm array running under OpenMediaVault that has some issues. I've tried some things but am over my head now. All I need is to get this mounted so I can pull data off into a different server. I'm at a loss of what to do next. Thanks in advance. Output from "cat /proc/mdstat"...
  17. C

Dual E5-2670 Build Advice Needed For Home PC/VMware Lab

How about a Dell T5600/7600 workstation? Has USB3, sound, made to house graphics cards.
  18. C

SuperMicro-PWS-501P-1R < 50 greenbacks

I got a set of two, $40 shipped for both. Should quiet down my file server a bit, currently running the 700 watt Gold psu's.