Search results

1. B

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

Good call. Yeah, agree, getting one of these ASM1812 cards would be much easier, no doubts. I'll play around with 920q BIOS anyway, just to see how deep is this rabbit hole and if I can find anything worth time/attention, but not putting too much of hopes there. QNAP cards - whoa, very...
  2. B

Continuing with M920q hardware mod series... Now looking for a way to have PCIe x8 bifurcated to x4x4. Progress so far - located and soldered 2 strapping resistors on CPU to "provide" x4x4 configuration, however I feel I'll need to look at BIOS to support that too. I'm just not too confident at...
  3. B

@Parallax - can we also include P320/M910x to the main list based on STH review here? Specifications: https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/ThinkStation/ThinkStation_P320_Tiny/ThinkStation_P320_Tiny_Spec.PDF Datasheet: https://www.lenovo.com/medias/Lenovo-ThinkStation-P320-Tiny-Datasheet.pdf...
  4. B

Thanks, I updated my last post with additional clarification, it should be less confusing now on level of efforts for M720q.
  5. B

Update on M720Q mod attempt -- this should work same way like for M920Q, difference - only 1 resistor for PCH needs to be soldered differently. Git instructions updated. I can not test nor confirm yet if this is 100% working solution for M720Q, just because I dont have this board on my hands. I...
  6. B

Can confirm M920Q hardware mod is working to add 2nd NVME drive by soldering several missing SMD components and drive connector. M920Q becomes M920X. I have created tutorial on git here: GitHub - badger707/m920q-dual-NVME: Lenovo M920Q dual NVME, conversion to M920X. BIOS view of my M920Q:
  7. B

Thanks for sharing/suggesting. I've got 920x schematics on reddit, now in process of identifying all components what I need to order for this upgrade... From what I can see/trace, most components needed to be soldered back on are located on top of the board around SATA connector and Wi-Fi card...
  8. B

Can someone share M920x board schematics for repairs (circuit diagram)? I want to see what will take to convert my few M920q to M920x so I could use 2 NVME slots for storage. I have no problems with micro soldering, just cant find circuit diagram anywhere to identify which SMD caps/resistors to...