Search results

1. Chrisbrns

SuperMicro Performance hell - CSE-847E1C-R1K28JBOD

Terry, thank you for the write up! Really good advice - My colleague and I were about to head to the datacenter to attempt this Sunday evening when we made the quick call to swap out the host server with different generation instead of the same model. Bingo! The R620 for whatever reason does not...
  2. Chrisbrns

Updated: Purchased a MegaRAID SAS 9380-8e, according to SuperMicro's supported controller. Same performance, same speeds, same problems. So throwing money this isn't working (Another grand thrown down the tubes). So I have the right controller, the right drives, right enclosure and still same...
  3. Chrisbrns

interesting enough, I have 3 DataOn JBOD enclosures. Much more expensive over the SuperMicro, but they have no problem with the H830. If there was a problem with the JBOD, wouldn't the controller bark about it? It serves up the drives and has no complaints with our other configurations... This...
  4. Chrisbrns

I'm going crazy over here troubleshooting a performance issue that I can't seem to iron out. Wondering if I am overlooking something simple. Configurations: Hard Drive: 24x SAS Seagate 12gbps connected, 7.2k 10TB Hard Drives – Model: ST10000NM0096 (revision: E001) HBA: Dell Perc H830 –...
  5. Chrisbrns

Ubiquiti EdgeSwitch ES-16-XG SFP+ Compatibility Thread

Ports 5-8 seem to be the only working ports for me too. And not even reliably. Super bummed on this unit. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Chrisbrns

This is extremely unnerving. Why they would work with some and some others really makes me nervous to use this in any production. I just ordered 10x CU3M cables, in which seems will be another gamble with above's report. I have an in with UBNT and going to reach out to see if there is anything...
  7. Chrisbrns

Few months later, just getting to reply here. Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU3M 5m DAC not working.
  8. Chrisbrns

I won't sell this switch until it works with DAC cables. It's completely useless in the real world and no production can stand on "maybe it will work in the future". Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Chrisbrns

I wouldn't consider that working then... if it's working by connecting the switches, there is a great chance it will stop working under load, configuration changes, etc. I had a few non working cables connect like this, but then stop out of nowhere. Frustrating.... Sent from my iPhone using...
  10. Chrisbrns

Hey, that is my post. I got nothing back from ubnt. Will keep you posted if anything turns up. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Chrisbrns

Half my dac cables didn't work. I just ordered some Cisco cables that seem to work best according to my ubnt guy. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Chrisbrns

edited

Actually I just had this issue last week on a dell r710. I was installing over impi. Same issue using virtual media & burning iso to CD-R. Not sure what is fix but was a show stopper for me too.
  13. Chrisbrns

Cisco SG200-50 SLM2048T Managed Switch 48 Ports Gigabit 100$

"Pulled from custom oil cooled environment?" [emoji135]
  14. Chrisbrns

Gnodal GS4008 $1,400 bo

And me!! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  15. Chrisbrns

Case fan pin change

So replaced with three wire pin fans. Pulled from another super case. They register and only run at 12-13k rpm. Pretty much full speed. Mobo says it can control but nothing seems to work yet. Temps are of course good.
  16. Chrisbrns

AMAZING Deal?!?! 16GB SODIMMs for C2xxx

Got excited. But then read SOdimm... Meh but good deal!
  17. Chrisbrns

Case fan pin change

As much as I appreciate this, it's more of a time issue. If there is a converter cable or plug available, prefer to buy it and call it a day. Unless, of course you are offering... :)
  18. Chrisbrns

Case fan pin change

I have 4 cases with fans that connect using small pin plastic connector. The problem is I need them to plug into a 4 pin connector that has this type of plug: I spent a few hours looking at new fans but decided that it was better to just find a gender changer or whatever... What you think?
  19. Chrisbrns

I really need help!!

I have many of these. I'll confirm the model number when I'm back in my office this afternoon. I think they are the same power supplies as the c2100 units as well. At any rate, what is the initial problem? Doesn't turn on?