Search results

1. J

pool import: force and use TXG at the same time

(The following is on Solaris 11.4 on x86_64) Hey everyone, I am hoping someone can help me with a problem I have. There was some combination of power outage and power supply failure that produced corruption across my pool, making it unusable. I tried swapping out all hardware components piece...
  2. J

Fusion-IO problem: "Device is missing midprom data"

Hey everyone, I got a used ioDrive2 duo from e-bay and it has an issue I am trying to resolve. It is only starting up in minimal mode, due to "Device is missing midprom data" according to fio-status. I am running 3.2.8 which supports this card. In case it was a firmware mis-match, I tried...
  3. J

Overclocking a W3690 on X8SAX

Hi everyone, I have a W3690 and a Supermicro X8SAX with the most recent BIOS, and the BIOS allows me to set ratios and turbo ratios higher than stock, but they don't seem to take any effect when I check via various tools in Windows. Is this CPU ratio locked? If not, are there tips to...
  4. J

Single-socket Skylake Happiness (was sadness)

Hey everyone, I am super pumped to finally see the Xeon scalable Skylake processors released, since I've been ancticipating them and the Purley platform for a few years now. I have been waiting to update my Gulftown workstation in the hopes of using a Purley replacement, but I am sad to see...
  5. J

Fusion-IO driver versions for Solaris 11.3

Hey everyone, I thought you might like to know that 3.2.8, the version I standardized on for Windows 7 and OpenIndiana does not work with Solaris 11.3. When booting, there was an error message containing cpu_bound_thread I'm happy to report that 3.2.11 works just fine in Solaris 11.3. If you...
  6. J

WTB: Fusion-IO cards

Hey everyone, long time lurker here. I've bought a 320GB MLC Fusion-IO card based on threads here and now I am hooked. Does anyone have any Fusion-IO cards they want to sell? Ideally they would be iodrive cards and 160GB SLC for my workstation, but I would be interested in other sizes and...