Search results

1. M

Rclone in a jail and set up a Cron Job

Here is my sample ACD rclone backup script. I hope you might find it useful. I usually script in bash, so that must be installed in the jail.
  2. M

Rclone in a jail and set up a Cron Job

I also have an all-purpose jail called 'util' in which I have a crontab that runs rclone to sync/backup some of my files to Amazon Cloud Drive. My files are already mounted on /media . looking at the error in your terminal it appears that some sort of google config has to take place in your...
  3. M

supermicro 3U with new Micro-ATX motherboard - power cable too short

thanks for the responses. I found a CBL-0335L on amazon for under $10!
  4. M

supermicro 3U with new Micro-ATX motherboard - power cable too short

I bought a used 3U Supermicro chassis with an older generation motherboard and eventually upgraded it to a Micro-ATX X11SSH supermicro motherboard, that is much smaller than the previous motherboard. everything works, the fans and the server boots up, etc, the problem is the 20 pin cable from...
  5. M

Super cheap Supermicro Superserver! 1U w/ 8x 2.5" bay & X8DTL

I was thinking about buying one of theses for my home rack - I would like to upgrade the motherboard and CPU to something more recent but I am worried about the lack of height on the 1U case. Is there a recommendation for a fast Intel proc + CPU fan? and SM motherboard recommendation?
  6. M

ZFS issue on FreeNAS

The BSD command line is for experts . Double check important commands before the most damaging key - the return key! I have been using FreeNAS for over a year now, I like it, but the GUI can't do everything. I have added and deleted SLOGs via the command line, even used gpart to correctly...
  7. M

FreeNAS 9.10 Stable

i migrated from 9.3 to 9.10 and it went very smoothly. 1 gig-e ethernet, about 40Tb of data in 2 raidz2 pools. 1 raidz mirror of SSD's. The SMART config tasks didn't migrate over. I had to update that to be correct. Overall very satisfied. Looking forward to learning more about the byhve...
  8. M

WTB: Intel DC 3700 100Gb (new or lightly used)

I would like to buy 1 Intel DC 3700 100Gb SSD (new or lightly used). Shipping to United States. For mirroring a pre-existing freenas 9.10 zfs vdev. thanks
  9. M

Need guidance on what OS/storage solution to choose for my media server

I run a FreeNAS 9.3 media server (pair, primary & backup). my bluray and dvd rips are MKV and my audio CD rips are FLAC. I run FreeNas 9.3 + Plex in a jail. I find The scanner/transcoder/interface on various platforms just fine (Roku and Apple TV 4). I run the video files on a separate 8x6Tb...
  10. M

Raidz Question

I run a media/mkv/flac server - i have a supermicro case with 16 drives - i was running a big raidz3 with 11 or 13 disks. I realized that the blu ray rips were taking up a large portion of the storage and I thought about splitting up into a 3Tb x 6 raidz2 and a 3Tb x 10 raidz2 . I have...
  11. M

Raidz Question

I wouldn't recommend changing your 2 raidz2 pools into 1 larger z3 pool - while it is reliable with larger disks (3Tb and beyond) the resilver times would be very long.