Search results

1. wiretap

Hardware pron thread

Voodoo 5 Shuttle got a little paintjob and window.
  2. wiretap

Hardware pron thread

Size comparison next to my Voodoo 5 Shuttle XPC.
  3. wiretap

Hardware pron thread

My latest old school pickup.. (well, 2004/2005 era rarity) IWILL ZMAXDP 2x AMD Opteron 250 2.4GHz/1MB (OSA250CEP5AU) 2x1GB Corsair DDR-400 ECC (CMX1024RE-3200 Rev 4.1) ATI Radeon HD 3650 1GB AGP 8x Broadcom BCM4318 Wireless-G (Mini-PCI mounted on the bottom of the motherboard) 1TB Western...
  4. wiretap

SOLD: Dual 2011-v3 Combo: E5-2667v3 ES, Asrock Rack, 32GB Samsung DDR4-2133 ECC Reg

COMBO KIT - $1350 - ASRock Rack EP2C612-WS + 2x Xeon E5-2667v3 ES + 32GB Samsung DDR4-2133 Reg ECC UP FRONT DISCLAIMER: Basic functionaly tested working by booting to Ubuntu 17.10 via USB. Due to the nature of this combo having engineering sample processors, I cannot guarantee 100% stability...
  5. wiretap

ES Xeon Discussion

Nevermind, you're correct, they are re-lidded. Got antsy and checked them in my X99 board. They are indeed the ES variant at 2.9GHz.
  6. wiretap

ES Xeon Discussion

Aren't these soldered IHS though, or are ES processors not normally soldered so that the lid can easily be removed?
  7. wiretap

ES Xeon Discussion

So I ordered two E5-2667v3 (QEYA) processors from Ebay, and I received two E5-2667v3 (SR203). Are they actual ES processors, or OEM/retail? Possible seller mistake? My motherboard should arrive next week for testing.
  8. wiretap

cdw dual 2011-3 mobo

PM sent @workingnonstop :)
  9. wiretap

Baidu X-MAN Liquid Cooled 8-Way NVIDIA Tesla V100 Shelf

Looks pretty awesome.. I like the color-coded sleeved tubing and company logo on the waterblocks as well. Totally unnecessary, but the attention to detail is nice to see in a server platform.
  10. wiretap

XRP Ripple

So who else has been pumping their mining profits into Ripple (XRP) over the past few months? I started in June.. holyyyy crap it is skyrocketing now. I actually never thought this would happen.. haha. At best I was thinking I'd make maybe $1000-2000 with my 1080 and 1080Ti mining Zcash until...
  11. wiretap

Silent J1900 PFSense box eBay (4x cores and 4x intel ethernet)

There are so many options, it really all depends on your needs. - Slim ITX or regular Mini-ITX? - Riser board with PCI slot needed? - Front mounted I/O or rear mounted I/O? - Hot swap bays needed for cache drives? - Silent/passive cooled, quiet air cooled, jet engine loud high performance...
  12. wiretap

I have that same Jetway NUC. The WiFi is replaceable with a mini-PCIe card. However, pfSense doesn't support 802.11ac add-in cards. It's never really a good option to run WiFi off your firewall anyway. Just setup a port or VLAN for wireless access points and you'll get much better coverage and...
  13. wiretap

Here you go: More on AES-NI
  14. wiretap

Smallest mITX case for 6x2.5" array

9.5mm drives with the front door removed from the case will provide reasonable temperatures, as posted in some reviews. Still, I'd like to see an actual table/graph of drive temperatures between SSD's, enterprise grade SSD's, HDD's, different thicknesses, etc. If I remember correctly from the...
  15. wiretap

Smallest mITX case for 6x2.5" array

This is a pretty good option in a Shuttle Mini-DTX/Mini-ITX form factor and gives you (8) 2.5" hot swaps. 11.8 Liters SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd.- CS280
  16. wiretap

Small and Silent PFSENSE build recommendations

I can't tell you how many bizarre issues I've had with Realtek NICs and the associated drivers over the years. Some issues I've had: High CPU usage with medium traffic volume, random disconnects for a few milliseconds corrupting downloads, it looks like it is working and connected but has no...
  17. wiretap

For me, the integrated Intel NICs make the difference. I wouldn't run Realtek LAN on a gateway device if someone paid me.
  18. wiretap

I would recommend going with a Jetway build.. it has dual Intel NICs onboard (pretty important for stability and drivers) for WAN+LAN, and supports AES NI for the new version of pfSense upcoming that will require it to run. This is passively cooled as well, so zero noise. It has mSATA for OS +...
  19. wiretap

Zcash - any STHers Mining?

Thanks, didn't see the new sub-forum was added several months back. I'll discuss there in the future :)