Search results

1. aosudh

Problem with high power optics inmellanox connectx-6/connectx-7

Resently i have brought some 200g innologht optic from ebay and i thought it would work well in my lab hca's .However , this optics are at 7w where connectx-6/7 only support 6.5w. I have tried the advanced power commend, but it only works in connectx-5 series and connectx-7 didn't have this...
  2. aosudh

Using Mellanox Infiniband DAC Cables for Ethernet, is this possible?

Sorry i miss that o_O . But that rule is still in effect here
  3. aosudh

And I don't see any advantages of purchasing a 50gbe card as a standard 100gb vpi card mellanox cx455a is only at aroud $100 https://www.ebay.com/itm/324238448591?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=mkjc0LRXS1S&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=dluakjfftsu&var=513309866250&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
  4. aosudh

50gbe is a kind of awkward speed rate as if you want to apply rdma(rocev2) in your home network environment, ou have to make sure that the speed rate of each device must be the same. Otherwise, this will result in the packe loss, which is not allow in a roce network. So my recommendation is to...
  5. aosudh

Genoa ES CPUs + SM H13SSL bundles on ebay?

"Foreigner tax" is a vivid word to explain the situation. For cpu so called "9334qs", it says around $600 but actually you can get it at $470. The motherboard is around $650 ,where the menorys are about 100$
  6. aosudh

Genoa ES CPUs + SM H13SSL bundles on ebay?

Totally an inappropriate price. These sets sell for only about $1,000 in China:rolleyes:
  7. aosudh

Those white box or with small factory software switches are not so suitable for home use, they need a complete software system. For home use, I would recommend mellanox's sn27/2100 as your first switch, since you haven't had much experience with these devices before
  8. aosudh

It is possible, as long as yours switch have auto negotiation function and have proper portprofile
  9. aosudh

EDGE-CORE 7512-54X-O-AC-F and 5700-96X-A-AC-F

By the way, i happen to have a 7512-32x which running a fedora used for testing and evaluation. You can use this as a reference if you need it
  10. aosudh

Socket 3647 - still the best for home lab in 2023?

Low power consumption + tons of requirements, the only platform i can think of is ARM , especially ampere altra. However, their price isn't fair enough:confused:
  11. aosudh

Maybe you can just have a try:p
  12. aosudh

Cooling Xeon D-1718T (Ice Lake-D/SuperMicro X12 mini-ITX embedded)

Make a 3d printing duct with otherside directly attached to the cooling fan, this helps redirect airflow and promote the cooling efficiency enormously
  13. aosudh

SOLD

Is international delivery accepted
  14. aosudh

You can't expect a white-box switch to have more information than a name
  15. aosudh

What mobo we can use for locked CPUs?

Those locked epycs would only function well in all kinds of DELL EPYC server.
  16. aosudh

COM-HPC with Ampere Altra 32 core processor

It is used for autonomous driving. I think that's why the frequency of this process is limited.
  17. aosudh

About the non-standard OSFP cage in mellanox Connectx-7 400G Network Adaptor

Then I will try to purchase some 16 lines fiber cables and connect two of them to see if it can work