Search results

1. C

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

OK, @kpfleming thanks for the default. I was feeling like I needed an ALLOW rule or the equivalent somewhere... So now I have my subnets/VLANs communicating. Is this the right way to designate the route out to the WAN? (with failover) ip route 10.4.0.0/16 ethernet 1/1/6 1 (with my...
  2. C

I'd like to leverage the power of the 6610 as much as possible. Say the developers (VLAN 2) wants access to all the servers (VLAN 4). How do I allow traffic between all devices on the two VLANs, in the router?
  3. C

Update: I have one tagged port where the UDM will connect for the other three VLANS. Is the VLAN-VLAN traffic allowed by default in the Brocade or is that the purpose of the IP ADDRESS command to move that to the gateway? Since the UDM is also the DHCP server, is there anything on the Brocade...
  4. C

Great! I reviewed Patrick Henry's video on VLAN's and another on VLAN Routing with Router-Interface. These explainer series videos are awesome! Here's my first VLAN, VE and router-interface: vlan 4 untag e 2/1/12 (port to attach a switch that is all subnet 4) router-interface ve...
  5. C

Hello, Long-time lurker, now I need some expert assistance. I have TWO ICX-6610's configured and licensed thanks to Fodeesha's docs. They are up and running with a 40G fiber link between them. Now is the time to merge this 'homelab' network into my 'home network', in two phases. Phase I -...
  6. C

Not a network guy, but LOVE computers and what they can do! Thank you Fohdeesha - I have TWO ICX6610's fully licensed and trunked via a 40Gb fiber optic link! Instructions worked like a charm, but did not instill all layer 2 and layer 3 knowledge in me (I've been reading a lot of this 408 page...