Search results

1. Y

Storaxa kickstarter - an interesting small NAS

How can you cancel? Kickstarter already took your money... will storaxa refund you? For know i wish not to cancel, it still seems a nice project at resonable price. I am still a bit concerned about the company but u keep the finger crossed
  2. Y

you can not cancel the pledge anymore. You can only choose to "not upgrade". I am still a backer with AMD upgrade
  3. Y

It'is alluminum with plastic insert. On Aliexpress a random NAS case with 4 bay is around 50$ for Storaxa to manufacture 14$ seems resonable.
  4. Y

They told in the comments that they will not outsource components on Aliexpress, but directly from supplier. They link this chinese site https://detail.1688.com/offer/684010688925.html?spm=a26352.13672862.offerlist.6.25a12f73uXyJ4s that is selling the board with N5105/N6005 at 700 Yuan (100$) if...
  5. Y

Update 5 is out. New CPU + PCIe Lanes explains https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/storaxa/fully-customizable-home-cloud-storage-with-remote-access-nas/posts/3722296 At the end with an upgrade CPU and 10GbE it will cost around 400 €.
  6. Y

Finally they add an intel CPU upgrade option. For now i will stick with N6005 that seems the cheap option ( around 250€ ), upgrading the CPU will skyrocket the cost and i am still pretty unsure that they won't run away with the money.
  7. Y

Hi all, first time here :) I have experience with a dedicated server with i7 7700 on Hetzner, i am using it for Plex ( HW Trancoding ) and other service and it is working like a charm but the cost it is getting pretty expensive. I was searching for an HomeNas at the lowest budget and found this...