Search results

1. A

RAID controller for Dell CS24-TY C1100 (Quanta model)

Okay, so for anyone who will be solving a similar task I ordered the 85M9R DELL RAID controller and is going to flash it to IT mode to jet JBOD. Ordered this type of cables: https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Internal-Mini-SAS-Breakout/dp/B018YHS8BS/ Update: Okay, I've got 85M9R and...
  2. A

Help hooking it all together

RyC, thank you very much for the confirmation! Okay, I've got mine 85M9R and installed it with the cables mentioned above (I had to press a bit on the cover to close it due to long connectors - not good, but working). I was able to successfully flash 85M9R to IT mode. Here is the full list of...
  3. A

RyC and others - could you please confirm, that above cable will work with C1100 and SAS drives? I mean I'm going to use it to connect 85M9R and C1100's backplane and install SAS drives into trays. Actually I've ordered the card and cables already, so just trying to make sure all will fit each...
  4. A

RyC, have you had any problems so far with your 85M9R flashed to IT mode? In other words, if you had a chance to change the 85M9R for your C1100, would you do that? If so, why? In theory LSI SAS2208 chip should give a better iOPSes as well as a better flexibility for the future possible SSDs in...
  5. A

Yep, I agree - the list is long. But the actual difference between many cards is chipset. So is there any essential real life difference between these main chips SAS: 2008, 2108, 2208 and 3008 from the performance point of view in JBOD mode?
  6. A

Meanwhile found the following alternatives: - IBM M1015 - Dell PERC H200 - Dell PERC H310 - LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240-8i - LSI SAS 9211-8i
  7. A

Thank you for your prompt reply. Could you please give me another suggestion on what else can I use in PCI-E slot of my CS24-TY as RAID or HBA card (to then use ZFS) with a performance in mind? I.e. is there any better card within the same budget as 85M9R mentioned above. Does this one make...
  8. A

Okay, and if we assume that the card will fit into mezz port - what exactly the cables I need to plug-in 4 SAS hard drives via an existing backplane of CS24-TY? And finally, if taking into account that I have no plans to use something in mezz and PCI-E ports simultaneously, may be there is some...
  9. A

Well, it seems like I have mezzanine card, I think that is a slop I marked with a red rectangle on the first phoho. Also adding some more photos to clearly identify my CS24-TY system.
  10. A

Am I correct understanding, that 85M9R is working in DELL C1100, which is CS24-TY - i.e. Quanta built server from Dell Cloud Services line? I have one such CS24-TY (i.e. DELL DCS) and I need a RAID or HBA card to hook SAS drives in it. I will greatly appreciate your reply. Thank you.
  11. A

Choosing of HBA cards

Guys from here: ZFS Raidz Performance, Capacity and Integrity Comparison @ Calomel.org did a setup for each disk as a separate RAID0 array in the LSI raid controller. Scroll to read section: "How do you get ZFS to work through the LSI MegaRAID controller ?" I'm still guessing what is the best...
  12. A

Answering to myself. Here is the topic I found with the list of all useful RAID controllers and statuses of ability to flash them to IT firmware: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/lsi-raid-controller-and-hba-complete-listing-plus-oem-models.599/ So I shortlisted: - IBM M1015 -...
  13. A

Hi, I have two of C1100 S99K Quanta models. One is having 4 x 4TB Seagate SATA drivers in JBOD and running just fine without pass-through. Second is ready to go with 4 x 1TB SAS drives, but I still don't have SAS card and cables. Each machines is having SAS/SATA backplane, so all I need is a...
  14. A

ESXi 5.1 on C1100 and "low power" profile issues

spectdev, your system wasn't defective. I had exactly same issues with both of my C1100 CS24-TY. And this happened exactly in the same manner like the issues you described. And I fixed the issues. I updated BIOS from DELL to original BIOS from Quanta. After that I also installed XenServer 6.2...
  15. A

esxi 6.0 drops support for dell C1100/C2100 NOOOOOOOOOO!!

May be an off topic here, but I had instability issues on both of mine C1100 CS-24TY from Quanta with their original DELL BIOS when they came until flashed them to BIOS downloaded from Quanta web site. Also I had issues with ESX 5.0 freezing at any moment before flashing to Quanta BIOS. Finally...