Search results

1. M

Taming the C6100

My situation is a little different. I have the C6105 (AMD) version. I used the SAN Ace fans and have it running for man..must be like 1.5 years or something. I had to flash the bios which is mentioned somewhere in this thread to get around the error beeps and light indicating the fans were...
  2. M

Taming the C6100

You are correct. I just went back through it and I don't see any reference to the C6105 even though I certainly have one and it matches the 5 pin connector that is described in previous posts. I also know for sure that some people here in previous posts and my co-worker have a 6 pin connector...
  3. M

Taming the C6100

You are correct. the C6100 is different than the C6105. I had a coworker who bought the C6100 (Intel Version) and the fan pin out out was different. If I remember correctly he stated it had a different number of pins. So you would need to modify which fan you buy because of this.
  4. M

Taming the C6100

Truthfully you'd probably be better off just swapping the fans. I have mine sitting at work and under my desk less than 2 feet from me and I can talk on phone and have conversations with people standing near and far and the server is very quite. The server is hardly noticeable and it does not...
  5. M

Taming the C6100

And of course you can buy quite racks made this way but they are not cheap at all.
  6. M

Taming the C6100

I ran across one that was built out of wood with foam all around it. Pulling air from front bottom and pushing out at back top but I just swapped the fans and sitting beside me at work you can only hear it one cube away. Very quite. I sandwiched it on its side between a file cabinet and a cube...
  7. M

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

this is good to know, thanks!
  8. M

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Oh hey! I didn't realize it would drop the temps that low, I think I might have to try that too as well.
  9. M

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Knowing that your fans only idle at 3600 or something low like that seems to make me thing something is wrong especially since my stock fans idle at 5400. Also, you mention that chipset temp is at 90 degrees where mine is 79 degrees with replaced lower airflow fans. I would certainly work on...
  10. M

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Something must be wrong then. My stock fans idled at 5200 rpms and they did spin up and down according to heat. My replacement fans spin at 3600 and they also spin up and down. I have also flashed the BMC controller following someone's post and files on this forum. My temp on that chip is...
  11. M

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

I am going to say no. There was literately zero room for anything once I put in an add in HBA card. It sat right above that heatsink and caused the unit to over heat since I have replaced the fans with lower speed fans. I tried to place a 10MM fan in the chassis between the card and the...
  12. M

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Thanks for posting this, one of mine just crapped out and I am going to follow your lead on this.
  13. M

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Edit: turns out I could not get these onboard nics to play nice with my L3 HP switch no matter what I did. The HP switch would only work at 100MBs Half Duplex...so I just put in some real cheap Trendnet L2 switches between the servers and the L2 switch and now everything is happy at 1GB. Works...
  14. M

Taming the C6100

June 2015 Update: Just to keep these things going, some of us are just now playing around with these nodes as they are still around. I have successfully installed ESX 6.0 on all three blades to internal USB without issues. Thanks for everyone's hard work on this but just wanted people to know...
  15. M

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

June 2015 Update: Just to keep these things going, some of us are just now playing around with these nodes as they are still around. I have successfully installed ESX 6.0 on all three blades to internal USB without issues. Thanks for everyone's hard work on this but just wanted people to know...