Search results

1. J

Anyone done a Brocade 6610 fan mod?

I made the mods to my 24 port non-POE 6610 today. I sacrificed one of my two fan modules, removed the fans and wired a Arduino Mini in place using the code found earlier in this thread. Modified one of the two power supplies, removed the fan altogether from it and added a wire to connect the...
  2. J

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Thanks for the input. I think it is something with my USB to Serial adapter. I just tried from another computer that has a serial port and was able to connect without issue. Edit/Update- basic configuration is done now. I have access via ssh and http. Now to see if I can get the rest of...
  3. J

New to me switch from eBay. Looks hardly used, but does not appear to be at default configuration. I am trying to follow the guide to reset as configuration (password) is unknown. I have not been able to access the serial console yet. The management (network) port pulls an IP Address from...
  4. J

I was reading thru this thread and saw a few suggestions: Reboot windows. And/or uninstall/reinstall the com port drivers. Try a real serial port, not a USB converter.
  5. J

Hoping someone has an answer that will help... I just received my 6610 switch today and am trying to access it via the (serial) console port. I tried the default 96008N1 using Putty and Terra Term. Characters display, but they are non-sensical. i.e...