Search results

1. J

AOC-S8076L-L16E

The Adaptec ASR-71605 I use now is known for getting rather hot is there no benefit in my example at all? Even if it uses less power.
  2. J

AOC-S8076L-L16E

How do I know if my card is in IT mode for ZFS?
  3. J

AOC-S8076L-L16E

Nothing? Not able to find any documentation
  4. J

AOC-S8076L-L16E

Serial Attached SCSI controller: Adaptec Device 8076 (rev 06)
  5. J

AOC-S8076L-L16E

I got a few AOC-S8076L-L16E unexpectedly in a server I ordered off Ebay. Based off my previous thread https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/bottleneck-on-my-zfs-proxmox-backup-server.41236/ would it be worth me replacing the Adaptec ASR-71605 with one of these? Does it support IT...
  6. J

Bottleneck on my ZFS Proxmox Backup Server???

It's only the verify jobs that take a long time sometimes more than 24 hours so I can't run it daily currently. That is why I wanted to upgrade to a EPYC 7003 CPU rather than 7002.
  7. J

Dedup is disabled zfs get dedup zfs NAME PROPERTY VALUE SOURCE zfs dedup off default Are you familiar with Proxmox PBS? According to forums PBS is very resource intensive and ideally should be stored on SSD. Anything I should run to try find the cause?
  8. J

It will be for Proxmox Backup Server running several hundred virtual machines, the verify jobs use a decent amount of CPU power. Right now I am doing this with Ryzen 5 5600X and it's too slow. I think I may change Mellanox ConnectX-3 to something more reliable like Intel x520 DAC (as 10G is...
  9. J

What do you guys think is the bottleneck on the following system that I will be using as a Proxmox PBS backup server. Supermicro 826 MZ32-AR0-rev-30 AMD EPYC 7313 16-Core Processor 256GB DDR4 SAMSUNG 64GB 2RX4 PC4-3200AA-R (3200MHz) (4x64GB) 12x14 TB SAS Ultrastar DC HC530 1x 480GB SSD (Boot)...
  10. J

Full IP tables budget routers

Maybe viable was hoping <$1k Just one upstream to start with. I won't be getting any direct IP transit only what the data center itself provides. Eventually I will have equipment in two locations.
  11. J

Full IP tables budget routers

Got my own AS and looking to get colo. Not looking to push more than 5Gbps what do you guys suggest on the budget side?
  12. J

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Private IPs where working fine between my machines so it would be in L2?
  13. J

I don't currently have access I presume by default these ICX (after factory reset) are in L2 firmware mode?
  14. J

Not a direct question for this series but how do you use public IPs with these switches do you need to configure the IP blocks or are they just plug and play like for private IP ranges.