Search results

1. S

LGA 1700 Alder Lake "Servers"

Small update. Was able to get the sensor thresholds updated with the ipmitool via cmd line. I've not used it before so took a bit of reading to understand how it works and how BMC saves the data. Thank you again everyone for the tips and suggestions.
  2. S

Don't be and thank you for offering the suggestion. The supermicro very well could allow it but maybe on the paid version. I'm really ignorant of the tool so have no idea what can, or cannot, be done. So always open to learning new things :D
  3. S

Your Web Ui looks different than mine. It could be that I do not have a license (if one is needed).
  4. S

Thank you. The server isn't really much to be honest other than managing our disk storage for Plex media and a few local PC backups. So home use, nothing fancy. Taking Daniel15 and yours suggestion I went to Noctua's site, got the fans low setting and was going to subtract 20% from it to set...
  5. S

Ok, so it is user error on my part. Thank you. I'll go check how to set that. Appreciate the help.
  6. S

Good morning. Is anyone using the Noctua NH-D12L, Low-Height Dual-Tower CPU Cooler with the 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K on the X13SAE-F? If so are you seeing the fan IPMI-2002 lower critical errors (example below)? I'm wondering if there is a low, medium, or high value I should be...
  7. S

Good point. Checked just now in case I forgot. I'll download it again and use a different USB stick in case something failed and I missed it. The install did revert it and running 2.0 so nothing major. stargate:~$ sudo dmidecode -s baseboard-product-name X13SAE-F
  8. S

Anyone here with the Supermicro board update to the latest 2.0a bios? I tried today and received an error. Need to look into it a bit further as I've not seen this error before.
  9. S

If it helps any below is my output on my Ubuntu 20.04 distro: dmidecode -t memory # dmidecode 3.3 Getting SMBIOS data from sysfs. SMBIOS 3.5.0 present. Handle 0x0020, DMI type 16, 23 bytes Physical Memory Array Location: System Board Or Motherboard Use: System Memory...
  10. S

Wonder if it is worth updating the bios. I've not noticed anything but then again maybe I'm not really pushing it much. Mine is only serving up data and Plex. Edit: thank you btw for getting the information on what it is, and the memory, and sharing.
  11. S

I did not. I will take a look. Thanks!
  12. S

Wish I had something similar on Ubuntu with regards to the hardware report.
  13. S

Whelp - I think it is time to turn in my 'home-lab' card :( To everyone who mentioned the SATA power cable change, standard, or whatever the correct term is that was the problem. I feel pretty stupid especially since I clearly ran into this issue a while back but forgot. That is why the...
  14. S

Here are the results for version 10.0. Apologies for the delay but I had to find a source for it. Version 10.00 says ECC Enabled N/A (Unknown) Version 10.02 lists my memory as ECC correction Version 10.0: Version 10.02:
  15. S

Memtest? Yes. I can do that tomorrow morning if that is ok. Also yes to the X13SAE. Edit: I will need to download 10.0 but that shouldn't be a issue.
  16. S

Not sure if this helps. I had run the memory test earlier in the week and recall seeing it enabled. Just fired it up after reading the post and it says ecc enabled, yes.
  17. S

I have one - let me fire up memory test. Give me a couple minutes.
  18. S

Yeah I didn't see it there either but it is odd that it is working on my older board. I'm guessing I have the molex connectors but can't remove the case top to verify. I'm going to get a molex to sata and test this today though as I never thought of this. I did power up the server and touched...
  19. S

Yes, they are the white label. And thanks for the information.
  20. S

The drives are WD MDL: WD160EDGZ-11B2DA0. They are from the WD 16 TB Elements Desktop external - so shucked.