Search results

1. D

$380 Micron 3.2TB S630DC SAS SSD & other capacities available

Any chance of this cable working with these ssds? Monoprice 1m 30AWG Internal Mini SAS 36pin (SFF-8087) Male to SAS 29pin Female and 4pin Power (SFF-8482) Cable, Black - Monoprice.com Also intend to use this card I already own ->...
  2. D

$380 Micron 3.2TB S630DC SAS SSD & other capacities available

Any pointers on a good card and cable to use 4x of the 3.2tb ssds using a pcie slot?
  3. D

Cheap Fusion IO SX350 6.4TB

Where are you getting the driver from for new kernels?
  4. D

Just wanted to note that these work flawlessly under debian stretch (finally got mine working under debian stretch last night).
  5. D

E5-2699 V4 VS Scalable/Epyc

I recently built a dual Epyc 7551 workstation. If you want me to run any benchmarks to compare Epyc performance on your workloads I would be happy to do so.
  6. D

One caveat is that there doesnt appear to be a driver to use them on recent kernels. I say this as someone who bought one from the enteracloud2 deal linked above.
  7. D

Selecting Dual EPYC motherboard... Is there any other option except Supermicro?

Seller agreed to refund me before shipping the CPUs out. I bought CPUs from another seller.
  8. D

Build is up and running now, eventually decided to go with the Fractal Design XL R2, the machine is nearly silent.
  9. D

@Patrick - Darned!!! Indeed they are from dinsdale. Will see what my options are once I get the CPUs. Thanks for letting me know, I really appreciate it.
  10. D

Just landed two Epyc 7551 on ebay @ $1450 each, epyc build incoming.
  11. D

Work on databases and a lot of my work involves writing simulations for high thread count scenarios. Right now the Epyc cpus seem like ridiculously good value for what I do (especially the 7551 which can be had for about $2k on ebay right now). As a side bonus code compilation also scales fairly...
  12. D

Thanks for the pointer to the article, it was very comprehensive.
  13. D

Hello Patrick - I am considering a dual Epyc build myself. I noticed a while back on the Workstation section of this forum that you were doing a workstation build based on H11DSi-NT. Did that happen? Is that motherboard standard E-ATX? I am considering building with the Enthoo Pro case which...