Search results

1. K

Seeking Help in Verifying Authenticity of LSI HBA 9400 on eBay

I recently came across a sale on eBay for LSI HBA 9400 cards at a relatively low price. While I'm tempted to make a purchase, I can't shake off the concern that these might be counterfeit products from China. As a cautious buyer, I want to ensure that I'm not falling into a potential scam or...
  2. K

Samsung SM863a 1.9TB for 91$.

Samsung SM863a 1.9TB SATA 6Gb/s VNAND V48 2.5" SSD - MZ-7KM1T9NE | eBay Dunno seems a bit fishy to me, but iv'e order 2, just for the **** of it... In the worst case I will open a complaint against the seller if the product does not arrive.
  3. K

Quad M.2 PCIe Adapter that supports supermicro x9dai ?

Hi, On my workstation i'm working with the supermicro x9dai board. My OS Drive is running out of space, so I'm looking for a Quad M.2 adapter to fill it with 4 - 1TB 970 PRO's. Can anyone please recommend on such an adapter that would fit my board ? Ive seen the ASRock ULTRA QUAD M.2 CARD...
  4. K

pfSense2.4.3(FreeBSD11.1) support the intel 82599EB 10-Gigabit ?

Hi, So I have a spare server I wanna use with pfsense to create route between vlans for a large network traffic, therefore i'm gonna need to use a high bandwidth network adapter for the job, The server has a Mellanox connectx-5 network card but the operating system does not recognize it(FreeBSD...
  5. K

BEWARE! A USER ON THIS FORUM IS FISHING ACCOUNTS.

So I was looking to buy a processor when suddenly the guy sent me the following message: So I went to the link he sent me: And like an idiot I tapped my login information quickly and without thinking. After a few seconds, I noticed that the address referred to a different address, with a...
  6. K

WTB: Dual E5-2670

Hi, I'm looking for a pair of processors of the kind I mentioned, it's important that the processor be SR0KX, Thanks.
  7. K

Seagate 5TB ST5000LM000 for a FreeNAS box?

Hi, Ive seen those 5TB 2.5" by seagate for real good prices. anybody knows how they perform ? should be good enough for a FreeNAS box peformance wise ? only thinking about it because its 2.5" form factor.
  8. K

WTB: 8x16GB/16x8gb ddr3 ecc

Hi, Looking for 8x16gb/16x8gb ddr3 ecc.. speeds should be 10600 and higher.. Thanks,
  9. K

Lab network suggestions?

Hi, My lab setup consists 3 hp dl380p gen8 servers. There is 1 used for storage with 16 ssds connected to the other 2 over direct 10gbe lan(intel x540-t2) sharing the storage over nfs to each of the esxi servers that are used for a 2 node VMware cluster. I was thinking of getting rid of my...
  10. K

9201-16i from china - are those counterfeit ?

Ive seen this card quite lot of times listed on ebay for pretty cheap, mostly located in china. are those chinese counterfeits just like those intel i350-t4's ?
  11. K

WTB:8x16GB DDR3 ECC.

Hi, Looking for 128GB ram (8x16GB) ECC. could be Hynix/Samsung, dont really mind. Should also be compatible with Supermicro X9DRI. Thanks.
  12. K

ESXI 5.5 GPU passthrough - Finally.

Hi, I Wanted to share my experience with GPU passthrough on ESXI 5.5U1 so other people could also use my setup. it has been alot of headbreaking and tear breaking untill i managed to get it to work. for several months i was searching for the right hardware - setup to get it working without...
  13. K

X9DRI-F + GTX 770 not booting /...

Have anyone had any experience with that board behaving with a graphic card ? im trying to run fire up with a gtx 770 oc by gigabyte yet i cannot boot gets stuck at error code 19... anything i can do ?
  14. K

Dell X540-T2 Fan replacement ?

Hi, So I have this card but I really dont like its fan, just too noisy, I have a second intel genuine card which works great without the fan. is there a way to replace the fan with a genuine intel heatsink ?
  15. K

Chinese X540-T2 on ebay is a counterfeit?

I Was wondering since I saw many of those for sale for fairly cheap prices on ebay. Intel X540-T2 10G Dual RJ45 Ports PCI-Express Ethernet Converged Network Adapter Last time reading about people experiencing with the chinese i350 led me to believe I shouldn't even get close. and i really need...
  16. K

Consumer mobo that works with intel i350-t4 ?

So, my gigabyte H97-d3h doesnt even post with the Dell Intel i350-t4 Quad Gigabit Port. im looking for a mobo that does read that card. however i have an old LGA775 pc with E8400 core 2 duo and the card works like a charm on that build. so can anyone confirm a x99/z97/z170 board which works...
  17. K

Looking for a dual Xeon E5-2643 v3.

Hi, Im Looking for a dual Xeon E5-2643 v3 second hand for my upcomming home gaming workstation.
  18. K

FS: Xeon's and Dell Quad port Daughter Cards.

Pulled from a dell R720, For sale: -------------------------------------------- Part: Intel SLBVC Xeon E5640 Quad Core 2.66GHz/12M/ 5.86 GTs Socket 1366 Processor CPU Quantity: 2 Price Each: US $35.00 ______________________________________________________________________ Part: Intel SLBVD Xeon...
  19. K

supermicro board Stuck on logo B2.

Im having this problem dunno what happened, i was trying to install windows server over ipmi after couple of resets the mobo is just stuck on supermicro logo with error message B2. anybody knows what happened and how to fix it ? also added an image.
  20. K

First Server Build. Need an os suggestion.

This is what I have right now: MOBO: Supermicro x9dr3-f CPU'S: Dual Xeon E5-2630L COOLING: Dual Noctua u12dx i4 Memory: 64GB - 8x8GB HYNIX 1333MHZ 1.35V Add in Card 1: Dell intel i350 quad gigabit port. Add in Card 2: Dell h700 1Gb + BBU. SSDs: Two samsung evo 120gb Managed to fit it all...