Search results

1. B

S2D poor cache performance

Im curious... did any of you applied or the reccomended best practices for the physical switch, created a SET switch for the mgmt/vm traffic and left the storage on the physical mellanox cards having RoCe v2 enabled as well as jumbo frames?
  2. B

ESX 7.0 & Samsung PM963

Another thing to try if you are having issues is to move the vm with vmware converter
  3. B

ESX 7.0 & Samsung PM963

Have to tried downloading to your machine and then uploading? Rather than direct copy? From vmfs5 to vmfs6?
  4. B

ESXi 6.7 free license

I don't disagree with your perception. I think likewise. I'm empathic with your predicament. Im lucky because the company I work for pays for my vmug.
  5. B

ESXi 6.7 free license

Can't help you there my friend. Technically it would go against forums policies.
  6. B

Import ESXi 6.7 settings to 7.0?

If you are using standard vswitches this is rather easy. Or, are you using vDS? Aka distributed switches?
  7. B

Tuning vsphere 6.5 udp performance?

Um.. have you tried playing with your switch flow control configs in the ports? Also depending on the network card you are using you could try setting up best practices for RDMA/iwarp/RoCE depending your usecase.
  8. B

ESXi 6.7 free license

If that's the case, I guess ebay might be your friend. I've seen people sell licenses there with the physical "carton" thing that older versions used to include when you bought the server with the license from oem.
  9. B

ESXi 6.7 free license

Theoretically there should not be 2nd hand market keys... not after pressing the I accept on those terms of service that no one reads.... but that's only theoretical. The is no real way to prevent it. There are sites in the internet that offer cheap, very cheap vsphere licenses but I don't...
  10. B

ESXi 6.7 free license

Get the VMUG suscription, it's good value for all you get. It's about 200 bucks.
  11. B

ESXi 6.7 free license

You could buy the vmug advantage yearly suscription, it will entitle you to use the products for 1 year for learning/demo purposes. Its a cool suscription. Now you could also look into the vsphere essentials kit... if memory serves me well its around 500-600 bucks and then you are able to use...
  12. B

Storage Spaces Uneven Disk Idle Time

What type of cards where you using? Qlogic? Mellanox? Did you used jumbo frames, iwarp or RoCE (depending on the hba for rdma) best practices on the switch and hosts?
  13. B

ESX 7.0 & Samsung PM963

Before you do, have you tried installing the nvme driver package? Community NVMe Driver for ESXi. Or reinstalling the nvme package VMware nvme-pcie driver (you can find the vib file in your upgrade bundle or in the iso). You can figure if you are missing it by running esxcli software vib list |...
  14. B

ESX 7.0 & Samsung PM963

Are all your storage adapters being detected in the host hardware inventory? can you go through command line and run the following commands to see what storage hardware you have available on your host? First validate your host is detecting your storage adapters where you have the new nvme drive...
  15. B

ESXi 7.x/8.x HBA/Storage question.

Software level raid for esxi inside the same host is almost non-existant. Hardware raid is the straightforward "affordable" way to go, just make sure to verify the card in the compatibility matrix and you should be golden.
  16. B

Get some tums for your reflux man... Tools are there to be used depending on the conditions. GUI or PS scripts, both have uses depending on the user's skill level and the scope of what its needed to be done. Keep it simple and stupid, specially for microsoft. In simple scenarios with a single...
  17. B

Odd storage Space issue

Yeah... and sometimes it shows the values better than other consoles available. I have been able to troubleshoot storage issues better with it. Let me know if it shows any different info for you.
  18. B

esxi 8.x ???

what brand is your server? sometimes oem's make a little bit better jobs for firmware availability.
  19. B

Odd storage Space issue

Have you tried to look at the drives with the pretty storage pool. https://bcthomas.com/2018/12/get-a-pretty-view-of-your-s2d-storage-pools/
  20. B

Try to configure the dual parity with Storage Pool through the GUI, here is a guide Create 1 Storage Pool with 3-Way Mirror Virtual Disk and attach to the Server If you can upgrade to 2019 or 2022 Storage Spaces aka Pools are way better. Specially for 2022, you will enjoy the benefits of the...