Search results

1. S

MEGA 2.5GbE Switch Guide Update with 21 New Models Added

I am still in search of affordable 8+ 2.5Gbit ports and POE+ to run 3 POE+ APs and a few cameras. (I want something SMALL half width / wall mount) Less expensive than the Unifi USW-Enterprise-8-PoE (120W) or Qnap QSW-M2108R-2C. These are basically what I am looking for but a bit outside my...
  2. S

2.5Gb/ SFP+ uplink / POE+ managed switch landscape is frustrating right now.

Can't find it for sale yet but the SG2210XMP-M2 looks promising
  3. S

Pro Max 24 and Enterprise 8 PoE aren't cheap but aren't that bad cost wise. Hopefully this drives down the price of some other existing options. Over all I like the QNAP ones but not the pricing.. and TP-link needs a physically smaller POE+ option.
  4. S

Had to go back and check as I don't have any omada devices but the switches should all work stand alone or via omada. TP Link Omada and Unifi compared
  5. S

TPLink OMADA switches have both a Web UI and OMADA SDN control IIRC. Ubiquity device MUST have a controller but you can self host it with local credentials, hybrid cloud management is optional. I already run a Unify controller in a docker locally with the cloud part turned off.
  6. S

Took a look, their TPE-3102WS 8x2.5 + 2x10 switch is the same price as Unifi's USW-Enterprise-8-PoE (120W). Nice to have more options but odd they are the same price, I normally see Trendnet as one of the cheapest brands along with TPlink
  7. S

I am currently looking for my home setup but I want a vendor / product with support / firmware updates / at the very least a full set of WORKING vlan/trunk/LACP features.. The Aliexpress switches seem to be below that mark.
  8. S

Hmm having trouble finding pricing in my region but since they have a small one and a rack mount one that would be what I am looking for depending on price and assuming advanced managed features like LACP work correctly. Is the management cloud only? That would be a deal breaker.
  9. S

For me the issue is that the TL-SG3210XHP-M2 is rather large for an 8 + 2 port switch, it would fit fine in my 19" server rack but not my structured cabling cabinet where my homes network runs terminate and I need POE. I think it will be too large for my use.
  10. S

From the look of it we have about 3 tiers of options. 1. The AliExpress tier with the reference chipset Horco and other brands of identical hardware. As cheap as these are, from a managed switch point of view it seems like DAC / SFP+ compatibility is a crap shoot and doing things like LACP...
  11. S

Help, looking for a 2.5Gbps managed switch with SFP+ 10Gbps and passive PoE.

Passive POE is generally considered a hack these days as we have several generations of mature active POE. I am fairly confident you won't ever see a passive 2.5Gbit device.
  12. S

Help, looking for a 2.5Gbps managed switch with SFP+ 10Gbps and passive PoE.

The Ubiquiti PowerBeam M5-300 is Passive PoE (Pairs 4, 5+; 7, 8 Return) and thus also only a 10/100 MbE port.. You won't lose anything by using its included passive injector between the switch and the device it is already going only max out at 100Mbit.
  13. S

MokerLink 10G080GPTM

I would love for there to be SPF+ but that is a very interesting switch if the managed parts and POE all work well.
  14. S

Best WAP right now that is not super over priced with modern tech (Wifi 6e or 7)

Unifi just released the U7 Pro this week, seems quite cost competitive.
  15. S

SODOLA 48 Port 2.5GbE Switch,L3 Managed e-Sports Mega-Switch with 4 x 40 QSFP+,4 x 25G SFP28,MLAG/Overlay/SDN, 96W, Multi-Gig Smart Web Managed Switch

Do you have any of the qnap switches in that round up.. I recently found out about their 2.5Gbe line up and while more expensive they have some very interesting POE/2.5/10gbe options. If it was not for their pricing I would have already purchased some.
  16. S

Looking for 8port 2.5GB/ 2 port SFP+ switch recommendations for a pair of switches

QNAP QSW-M2106-4C-US, QSW-M2108R-2C and QNAP QSW-M2106PR-2S2T-US look interesting but maybe too expensive. Might have to look at the QNAP line of switches more closely there are some interesting options. I am sort of conflicted now as the QSW-M2108R-2C and QNAP QSW-M2106PR-2S2T-US are...
  17. S

Looking for 8port 2.5GB/ 2 port SFP+ switch recommendations for a pair of switches

Ya just noticed that, if it had POE on all 5 it would JUST barely work (no future space), but I also called it out for not being rack mount, as one will go into a shallow 6U rack and the other the shallow structured cable cabinet.
  18. S

That is only a 5 2.5G port unit, I am looking for a min of 8 2.5Gbit and 2Gbit. Also checking the POE specifically it only has POE on 4 ports . I have 5-6 POE+ POE devices I want to run including NEW APs and Security cameras.
  19. S

I have shallow structured cable cabinet where all my network runs terminate and I have a small 9U shallow network rack where I put my NAS and Servers. I don't have much room in the structured cable cabinet but I want a POE+/POE++ 2.5GB / SFP+ switch (wall mount) for in there and then run 10GBe...
  20. S

Squid Cache -- General Questions/Info

If you have MULTIPULE server of the same release sure, that MIGHT help a little. sounds like OP has a small home network. Even for that use case you would need several servers for that to make any sense vs just going direct on a modern high speed connection.