Search results

1. CyklonDX

Recommendations for Small Buisness configuration.

oVirt is definitely more professional especially since its running on rhel nix vs proxmox that works on debilan; but as long as you keep it monitored, and handle stuff in respective amount of time there's nothing to worry.
  2. CyklonDX

PCIe SSDs on older server question

non branded just lsi are best in my opinion - branded often have limitations in io queue depth or integrations for their management controllers like idrac, bmc etc. (or even hardware lock) from 9300-8i raid mode cards here are some options (battery is desired)...
  3. CyklonDX

VGA on MB to ?

for vga server board you would want something like this (vga to hdmi converted with power over usb ~ often servers want to have that usb power - often one of the usb ports is marked with wench, 'i', or lightbulb - its likely intel board also has one port like that - as supermicro also has it ~...
  4. CyklonDX

I'd say cheapest solution would be proxmox, else you can try oVirt but there's less usage - and cert expiring can nuke your setup.
  5. CyklonDX

As per photo you posted earlier each of backplanes you have there have 2 sas cables going out of them. You can get 2 sas/raid controllers and use mpio (Each backplane would have 1 cable going to raid controller 1 and 1 cable going to controller 2; same for the other.) So if one pcie card fails...
  6. CyklonDX

if you plan on doing docker HA and still use more than half your nodes - you need to go kubernetes if you want to be "free"; Else if you are ok loosing 2 nodes, you can use linux pacemaker or similar and just run mirrored nodes. (would need rhel *nix)
  7. CyklonDX

I guess purpose is to do it - and if a disk dies, you can still get your data. If they had os on it - one would go to recovery mode / installation fdisk and bring the dynamic disk online. (one may have to repair mbr/boot whatever) Typically there's software (like MegaRAID) with any raid...
  8. CyklonDX

SOLVED: 2 identical SSDs ?

you can use pretty much any lsi sas controller (there are break-out cables for sata/sas) I recommend something of 9300-8i or 9400-8i (if you plan on nvme's). https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Internal-SFF-8643-Breakout/dp/B01BW1U2L2 (if you plan connecting that 2nd backplane with 9300/9400...
  9. CyklonDX

SOLVED: 2 identical SSDs ?

The 2nd disk is connected over sata/300 cable/controller | while the other is connected at rated sata/600 mode. (or the other way around 2nd disk being 3Gbps version, and 1st one is 6Gbps version) sata/300 = sata2 3Gbps sata/600 = sata3 6Gbps
  10. CyklonDX

Just a note, if one of your dynamic disks in mirror goes down - your whole dynamic mirror will set as offline - thats why windows doesn't allow it - as you won't be able to start your system if 1st disk dies/gets removed. Just get lsi 9400-8i tri-mode raid controller (they aren't that...
  11. CyklonDX

SXM2 over PCIe

for fp64 it might be worth to look at amd with zluda; there's been plenty of development on amd/windows side to run on directML (MI100, 210 might see a new life with those) (just last night i managed to run stable diff on 7900xtx on windows10 ~ i don't have good comparison at this time with nv...
  12. CyklonDX

"Weird" drives on Ebay - cheap bargains if you can work with them?

Those are not SMR, but CMR and you can format them to 4096. This is a ok price for 8tb sas hdd. 8TB ones with 4kn tend to cost around 35-50 usd depending on their smart state, i suspect smart state isn't great - thats why the price is 35ish. (i have like 8 on stock myself @ Home, they are worth...
  13. CyklonDX

SXM2 over PCIe

The 22G variant or RTX 5-8k are definitely better deal in terms of vram; the int8 or tensor performance is small price to pay for capacity. In terms of performance in int8 in nv cards its almost always 4xfp32 since volta if i recall correctly - tho it doesn't scale that well in reality, Titan V...
  14. CyklonDX

"Weird" drives on Ebay - cheap bargains if you can work with them?

you'd need to link to a specific drive; SMR typically = garbage for large storage, doesn't play well with zfs.
  15. CyklonDX

SAS drive medium format corrupted

is this wd branded? or ibm/oracle/cisco?
  16. CyklonDX

Inspur 3008it controller doesn't see SATA drive

I also do remember some disks not being recognized in certain backplanes - backplanes also having limits.
  17. CyklonDX

SXM2 over PCIe

sorry changed; open viewer access granted to all.
  18. CyklonDX

SXM2 over PCIe

Just FYI in case someone looking Titan V has recently gone cheaps Can be bought at around 400-500 usd on ebay. For those interested here's of cards i had for my own research (non-sxm2 - compute fp16 oriented)...
  19. CyklonDX

SAS drive medium format corrupted

Whats the make&model of the disk; Have you formatted this model before to 4096 with sg_format?
  20. CyklonDX

Inspur 3008it controller doesn't see SATA drive

some older controllers can't see disks over certain size.