Search results

1. M

Supermicro 846 TQ backplane PWM headers question ....

Warning to the community. I was also testing a i2c cable between X11SCL-F and a BPN-SAS2-846EL1 backplane. Wanted to try to control the fans and/or get extra statistics (temperature). Created a TrueNAS forum thread. PigLovers post is stating that this works. This seems not generally true. Maybe...
  2. M

Cooling fan for E2246G

already got a reaction: Still somewhat unclear. Note, i seem to have motherboard REV 1.01.
  3. M

Cooling fan for E2246G

Maybe you are right and the shop made a incomplete delivery but i tried to apply it without a backplate so the thermal past is gone. And i noticed more errors with Supermicro products. Wrong fan cable, bag of hd screws without the caddy labels. Those items are from Supermicro Netherlands...
  4. M

Cooling fan for E2246G

The post of @Netwerkz101 was of great help. But i like to add my 2 cents. Maybe it will help someone. I also wanted to cool my processor for my X11SCL-F motherboard. Using a SC846 case i opted to use no direct cpu cooler but use the air shroud. My first try was the official supermicro...
  5. M

Supermicro sas2 expander chassi firmware update

learned some new stuff. Will add it to CLIXTL results in "Error, device doesn't contain required data"
  6. M

Sure, included 55.14.18.0 for backplane 1.10. Can not really help with the steps required. Missing some critical components for my new nas so i even do not know the current firmware. But as this is a new setup i like to know if everything is up to date. The next step is to verify the version...
  7. M

Contacted Supermicro also. Information of jswede is somewhat incomplete. Latest firmware of 55.14.18.01 is for backplane with the revision ending with 'A'. For example, BPN-SAS2-846EL2 rev1.11A Latest firmware of 55.14.18.0 is for backplane 1.10