Search results

1. H

SP3 Cooler in Supermicro 819U

I have fitted a H11DSU-iN into my 819U chassis now need to sort the 1U coolers. Only have experience using fan coolers. Is a passive cooler good enough for this? Supermicro fan snk-p0062p 1u h11 amd epyc 7000 sp3 cpu cooler | eBay - possible current option. I will be using high end TDP Rome...
  2. H

Proxmox identify cause of poor performance in Dual Socket system

I have a system with Supermicro H12DSi-N6 with 2x EPYC 7642 once the system starts going above 30% CPU usage in the overall graph I noticed a steep decrease in memory performance and the system feels sluggish overall. How can I identify what might be the cause? sysbench --test=memory...
  3. H

USA colocation questions

I'm from the UK, planning on getting some cheap colocation hosting in USA soon. Have a few questions hope you guys can help me out with as this will be my first rack. Network stack plan is to use the following 2x Mikrotik CCR2116-12G-4S+ 2x Mikrotik CRS326-24S+2Q+RM 1x CRS326-24G-2S+RM (IPMI)...
  4. H

Gigabyte mz32-ar0 - Terrible performance if a PSU fails

I have an issue with my mz32-ar0 (rev3) inside a Supermicro 826. Tested this with multiple servers now after noticing. If I pull the plug on one of my 2 PSU (so that it buzzes loudly) the system starts to perform very slowly. These are Supermicro PWS-920P-SQ 920W so there is plenty of extra...
  5. H

Adaptec ASR71605 - "EfiBlockIOReadBlocks: LBA out of range"

Getting the following errors since I moved this to a new machine. EfiBlockIOReadBlocks: LBA out of range BlockIO-Command Failed What's the work around? Wont let me in BIOS
  6. H

Gigabyte BMC - "Correctable ECC / other correctable memory error" equivalent

What is the equivalent to Supermicro Health Event Log for "Correctable ECC / other correctable memory error @DIMMB2 - Assertion" in a Gigabyte BMC. I presume it's Logs & Reports - System Log done loads of testing was expecting to get at least one error somewhere.
  7. H

Fast DDR4 RAM options

What RAM would you guys put in the following system MZ32-AR0 EPYC 7643 I bought a few SKhynix 64GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y-R83-12 HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM the performance isn't that much better than the Micron 32GB PC4-2400T-R RDIMM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 I had sysbench --test=memory --memory-block-size=4G...
  8. H

Gigabyte MZ32-AR0 in Supermicro chassis - No PSU detected + Front panel lights

I've put a Gigabyte MZ32-AR0 in a Supermicro 826 and am having some issue detecting the two PSUs PWS-920P-SQ I also can't get the lights on the front of the chassis to work https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/server_manual_MZ32-AR0_e_v10.pdf I have the following pins plugged in...
  9. H

Suggestions needed for adding redundancy via second Mikrotik router

I would like some assistance in knowing how I can add redundancy to my network. Right now I just have the single CCR2004-16G-2S+ and CRS326-24S+2Q+RM. The plan is getting a second 10G port from my ISP for redundancy on the router + switch. I have a /30 for BGP peering from ISP for ip tables...
  10. H

1U chassis options H11SSW-NT

I am trying to find a few 1U chassis I can use that will fit in the following H11SSW-NT 2x NIC (INTEL DC P4608 + Intel X520-DA2) H11SSW-NT | Motherboards | Super Micro Computer, Inc. only mentions AS-1113S-WN10RT but CSE-111 are hard to find on Ebay. The dimensions are large 13.4" x 12.29"...
  11. H

watchdog did not stop! - Rebooting

I have installed Debian11 and I keep getting this error after installation I can force reboot everything appears to work but if I reboot the machine I get the "watchdog did not stop!" and reboot just hangs What could be the cause? I tried two different versions now and out of the multiple...
  12. H

Connect SAS to SATA port without backplane

I am trying to connect my SAS drive "Western Digital 14TB 7.2K 12Gbps 512MB 3.5" SAS HDD WUH721414AL5201" into my X570D4U motherboard via a SATA port. What are my options if I don't want a backplane? Would a "7 Pin SATA Serial ATA to SAS 29 Pin & 4 Pin Cable Male Connector Adapter Cord" work?
  13. H

Chassis for X570D4U that work with ASRock BMC

After my Ryzen 5950X overheading I am now looking for a new chassis to house my ASRock Rack X570D4U. I've tried Supermicro but Supermicro PMBus not being supported by ASRock BMC sensor readings are not working. Ideally it would be a 2U, 1U can work if it supports 2x PCIe cards & 2x 2.5" SSD...
  14. H

EPYC 7003 Single Socket 16DIMMS

Currently using H11SSW-NT the obvious choice is H12SSFF-AN6 but they are too expensive. I've come across ASUS KNPA-U16 SP3 but the reviews don't seem to be too good, they seem just a bit too cheap to me for some reason :) . I don't need all the NVMe via SlimSAS ports the Supermicro have what...
  15. H

Ryzen 5950x - Overheating?

Am I correct in thinking the reason my system keeps crashing is because it's overheating? X570D4U Ryzen 5950x sensors k10temp-pci-00c3 Adapter: PCI adapter Tctl: +90.9°C Tccd1: +90.5°C Tccd2: +85.0°C sfc-pci-3100 Adapter: PCI adapter 1.2V supply...
  16. H

Correctable ECC memory error in Supermicro

Should I be worried about RAM sticks that show up in Supermicro with the following? I did run a Memtest and it passed
  17. H

Adaptec 71605 IT mode guide

Can someone please share a good guide on how to flash my flash Adaptec 71605 for IT mode
  18. H

Supermicro H11SSW-NT BIOS upgrade failed no post/black screen

I tried updating my motherbaord Supermicro H11SSW-NT BIOS from 2.1 to 2.4 on Firmware Resources | Support I done this inside BMC > Maintenance > Update BIOS and opened BIOS_H11SSW-1B19_20211228_2.4_STDsp.bin. It said it completed and asked to boot, at which point it only shows a black screen and...
  19. H

How to verify motherboards rev (not checking the motherboard itself)

I've checked my motherboard but it looks like it's been stuck on I don't want to scratch it off How can I verify that this is rev 2.0? This is a Supermicro H11SSW-NT - I would like to know how I can check running a Linux command.
  20. H

Low power 16 SPF+ switch for layer2 only

I'm looking for a low power switch using as just a dumb switch layer 2, plug and play. Requirements 16 SFP+ 10G ports Power usage <60w maximum capacity Supports wide range of DAC Was hoping to get CRS317-1G-16S+RM but can't find it cheap Wanting to pay no more than £300 on Ebay Any suggestions?